Fussy about my u2 stuff!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2mikie

The Fly
Stressing out…..he he!

I`ve had the Songs Of Innocence Deluxe CD for a couple of weeks but was stressing out about taking the shrink wrap off and opening it in case i damaged it! I really wanted to keep it as is.

Anyway i opened it tonight because i wanted to put the bonus disc on my iPod and when i finished and slipped the CD and booklet back in the case the edges of the slip case got a bit frayed, now i`m stressing and feel like getting another copy!

Am i crazy and stressing for nothing…..are there others here like me? I`m just fussy about all my stuff, want everything perfect but i guess the world isn`t perfect is it!

I actually bought the house next to mine immediately after it went on sale just for this very reason. Well, actually i didn't want any neighbors, but also i wanted to have a shrine for all of my u2 related goodness. When the house on the other side of me goes up for sale i will buy it as well. I need a place to keep my prisoners.

My deluxe CD packaging was a bit mangled... which is a bummer. Oh well. It's nice to have something physical.

I actually went out and bought the Joshua Tree re-release vinyl for some reason or another when I was home over the weekend. That is a damn fine package I didn't want to unwrap, so I get the feeling!

I should probably buy a record player at some point.

My deluxe CD packaging was a bit mangled... which is a bummer. Oh well. It's nice to have something physical.

I actually went out and bought the Joshua Tree re-release vinyl for some reason or another when I was home over the weekend. That is a damn fine package I didn't want to unwrap, so I get the feeling!

I should probably buy a record player at some point.

Ha…….good to know there are others that think like me! We can live with it i guess, as long as we can hear the songs and they make us feel like they do that`s all we need…..he he!

Yeah i must admit i get abit obsessed with my u2 stuff. To the point that i moan about having a fold in a magazine that u2 are on the cover of. I try to keep everything i have in good condition

To me u2 arent just my favourite band their one of my main hobbies!

I have a bedroom in my house dedicated to my collections. While there's tons of U2, there are also other things, like Doctor Who and some old Mego items. But yes, I too try to keep things pristine. Not always possible and I agree the double CD isn't really worth much (yet).

I post in a couple other music related forums, mostly record/audiophile forums. There's a surprising amount of people I see who write about buying things and never listening to said things. It is still strange and weird to me.

I just looked at i again, i was stressing for nothing over a little thing. I just noticed that when you slide the disc and booklet in and out it roughs up the edges a bit. You can`t help it.

All good!

Back
Top Bottom