Fuck you.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Positivity is great of course, but I'm not sure telling everyone 'Fuck you' is the way I would start a thread about positivity. (If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!)

No, it's just 2 in our larger group of friends. And everyone feels the same way.

At least you have a large group of friends. Almost everyone forgot my birthday yesterday (excuse emails/phonecalls are comming in today). Including you FUCKING idiots on interference :wink:

That's my message to you if you don't like 'positive' U2. Me and my mate were having a heart to heart earlier about how cynical people with agendas can drag your life down. We were on a U2 kick, and we were listening to songs like Yahweh, Walk On and Grace, which get a bad wrap around these parts. But you know what - they were perfect. To very loosely paraphrase Morrissey, it's easy to be a cynical bastard, and it's tough to be kind in this world. And you know what, tonight, the kind, optimistic, even religiously minded U2 spoke to me. Yes, I was and still am drunk, but you know what, get fucked. And the cynics - you, too, can get fucked. There is room in this life to be positive, and U2 know all about it.

Whatever.

:up:

Some of you bastards need to be taught some bloody etiquette! About time you little idiots cleaned out your filthy, filthy mouths. :madwife:

:drunk:

Perhaps a bit of clarification and context is in order.

Me and my friend who were talking, are having issues with a couple of friends who are negative influences on our circle of friends. These people are negative, racist, sexist, abusive, and put you down. But they're our friends, and we can't really pull them up on what they have to say because the repercussions will be enormous. We have to bite our tongue and move on. I have to watch what I say, because these people are so vindictive, and have their own agendas behind friendships and everything... I'm not like that, I just want to talk rubbish and have a good time. Also, I'm very close to being in love with this girl, and everyone is telling me how it's just not going to happen, and other ridiculous stuff. It was a pretty emotional conversation, and I suppose my post would have made sense if you were there.

What I was trying to say is, we live in a world that is just so damn cynical and negative sometimes, full of people that I was describing before. I'm guilty of it more than most. But sometimes, it's good to just refocus - look at what you have, not what you don't have; reevaluate what you're trying to do, and what you're trying to get out of life, and be good. That's what me and my friend got out of our conversation. As a drinking, smoking, swearing, underachieving college student, I really don't do that enough.

Maybe those songs aren't great, but lyrically and musically they were perfect for the time. Walk On, Kite, Yahweh, IALW, Grace, Wild Honey... it was what I needed at the time. The messages were perfect.

So I wasn't angry when I posted, and it still carries meaning. I just swear a fair bit anyway, so for me, that wasn't anger. But I guess a bottle of scotch will do that to you.

well sometimes when other people shit on you your whole life, you can become like that :|

That's my message to you if you don't like 'positive' U2. Me and my mate were having a heart to heart earlier about how cynical people with agendas can drag your life down. We were on a U2 kick, and we were listening to songs like Yahweh, Walk On and Grace, which get a bad wrap around these parts. But you know what - they were perfect. To very loosely paraphrase Morrissey, it's easy to be a cynical bastard, and it's tough to be kind in this world. And you know what, tonight, the kind, optimistic, even religiously minded U2 spoke to me. Yes, I was and still am drunk, but you know what, get fucked. And the cynics - you, too, can get fucked. There is room in this life to be positive, and U2 know all about it.

Whatever.

:love: Post of the year :love:

If for nothing else, the unabashed outpouring of drunkposting emotion! :up:

Plus, you're absolutely right...and I read the sober clarification.

fuck people that say fuck cynics

No, fuck the cynics and fuck the people who say fuck the people that say fuck cynics.

well sometimes when other people shit on you your whole life, you can become like that :|

Really? Then what's the excuse of the overprivileged whiny little snots around here? :lol:

Perhaps a bit of clarification and context is in order.

Me and my friend who were talking, are having issues with a couple of friends who are negative influences on our circle of friends. These people are negative, racist, sexist, abusive, and put you down. But they're our friends, and we can't really pull them up on what they have to say because the repercussions will be enormous. We have to bite our tongue and move on. I have to watch what I say, because these people are so vindictive, and have their own agendas behind friendships and everything... I'm not like that, I just want to talk rubbish and have a good time. Also, I'm very close to being in love with this girl, and everyone is telling me how it's just not going to happen, and other ridiculous stuff. It was a pretty emotional conversation, and I suppose my post would have made sense if you were there.

If you read about narcissism you'll understand why a lot of people do what they do.

OT: Every time I see "Canadian Slime" I have to chuckle to myself. That's great. I think it should be printed on a t-shirt.

On topic - Fuck you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom