Fixing albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMP

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Guess this is the right place to post this :shifty:
I would like to ask everyone to post tracklists of U2's albuns using the songs' versions that make you think "if these were the ones actually on the album it would make it perfect." Maybe some songs are at it's best versions on the album itself, but that's your decision.
For example, IMO Pop would be better if it used these versions:

01 - Discothèque (Hexadecimal Mix)
02 - Do You Feel Loved?
03 - MOFO
04 - IGWSHA (Single version)
05 - Staring at the Sun
06 - LNOE (Single version)
07 - Gone (New Mix)
08 - Miami
09 - The Playboy Mansion
10 - If You Wear That Velvet Dress
11 - Please (Single version)
12 - Wake Up Dead Man

You can use live versions or alter the order of the songs. Just don't omit or add any song. Make your tracklists and have fun. :D

I would agree fully with you, especially on the subject of Please.

Album version is garbage IMO, single version and LIVE are tank. Good choices.

Taking your example of Pop, I would add Holy Joe & Pop Muzik - but without those I 100% agree with you.

HTDAAB: would add Smile

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
3. SYCMIOYO [Alternative Version]
4. LAPOE
5. COBL
6. All Because of You [Alternative Version]
7. A Man And A Woman
8. Crumbs From Your Table
9. One Step Closer
10. Original of The Species [Single Version]
11. Yahweh [Alternative Version]
12. Fast Cars

ATYCLB: Add Flower Child, Summer Rain, Levitate

1. Beautiful Day
2. SIAMYCGOO [Acoustic Version]
3. Elevation [Tomb Raider Mix]
4. Walk On [Hallelujah Version]
5. Kite
6. In A Little While
7. Wild Honey
8. Peace on Earth
9. WILATW
10. New York
11. Grace
12. TGBHF

01 - Discothèque (Hexadecimal Mix)

I'm not a fan of U2's remixes - aside from the one's that are more like alternate versions (Elevation Tomb Raider mix Holy Joe Guilty and Garage mixes) so I had never even bothered to listen to this. Seeing as you considered it album worthy, I just gave it a listen - I still like the album version better but wow, I'm surprised how good this is. I was expecting the usual half assed dance mix.

I'm not a fan of U2's remixes - aside from the one's that are more like alternate versions (Elevation Tomb Raider mix Holy Joe Guilty and Garage mixes) so I had never even bothered to listen to this. Seeing as you considered it album worthy, I just gave it a listen - I still like the album version better but wow, I'm surprised how good this is. I was expecting the usual half assed dance mix.

Well, it really is a good mix. Maybe it's not better than the orginal version of Discothèque to listen casually, but I think this version fits better the album and the whole idea.
By the way, take a look at those remixes:
God Part II (Hard Metal Dance Mix)
When Love Comes to Town (Live from the Kingdom Mix)
Lady with the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
Vertigo (Redanka Power Mix)
Lemon (Oakenfold "Jeep" Mix)
Lemon (The Perfecto Mix)
Elevation (Influx Mix)
Desire (Hollywood Mix)
Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss Mix)
Dirty Day (Junk Day Mix)
Numb (New Mix)
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (The Temple Bar Remix)
MOFO (Phunk Phorce Mix)

My improved HTDAAB trackilisting:

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
SYCMIOYO
LAPOE
COBL
ABOY (Alternate version)
AMAAW
CFYT
OSC
Yahweh (Alternate version)
Fast Cars
OOTS

This album would be perfect if they had used those versions. :wink:
By the way, you can also change the order of the tracklist.

Well, it really is a good mix. Maybe it's not better than the orginal version of Discothèque to listen casually, but I think this version fits better the album and the whole idea.
By the way, take a look at those remixes:
Lady with the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
Vertigo (Redanka Power Mix)
Lemon (Oakenfold "Jeep" Mix)
Lemon (The Perfecto Mix)
Elevation (Influx Mix)
Desire (Hollywood Mix)
Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss Mix)
Dirty Day (Junk Day Mix)
Numb (New Mix)
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (The Temple Bar Remix)

this list phails without the Phunk Force mix of Mofo...

^Oh, I've never heard this one... I'll hear it and then maybe I'll fix the list :wink:

^If you want to, you can... just don't omit or add any song.

that's what i always do, but i wonder if anybody fools with the tracklisting or just removes the live crap and keeps the order.

I dont have so much of a problem with the live crap as I do with the selection of said live crap.

If they were going to, why not include the best version of WOWY ever (well, at least form the tour). And Exit.... made no sense to me.

I've never been one to switch around tracks in a different order, I'm too lazy I guess...

ha, i know what you mean.

I dont have so much of a problem with the live crap as I do with the selection of said live crap.

If they were going to, why not include the best version of WOWY ever (well, at least form the tour). And Exit.... made no sense to me.

i maintain that if they wanted live crap, they should have had one disc as a studio ep, and then a proper disc of live crap.

this list phails without the Phunk Force mix of Mofo...

I'm hearing it now and already added it to the list
You're right :wink:

By the way, R&H is almost perfect, but it would be even better like this (remember that I can't add or omit any song):

Helter Skelter (Live)
Van Diemen's Land
Desire
Hawkmoon 269
Angel of Harlem
I Still Haven't Found (Live from Point Depot-New Year's Eve)
All Along the Watchtower (Live)
(Star Sprangled Banner)
Bullet the Blue Sky (Live)
(Freedom for my People)
Silver and Gold (Live)
Pride (In the Name of Love)(Live)
Heartland
Love Rescue Me
All I Want Is You

Please Single Version on Pop would be about it, because you get a solo and the SBS drums.

Bomb: ditch Oots and Crumbs, and add Electrical Storm, Fast Cars, Smile and Mercy, and replace studio Yaweh with Live Yaweh.

ATYCLB: I add Summer Rain, Hands That Built America and North and South of the River, The Ground Beneath Her Feet and ditch New York and When I Look At The World.

AB: add Wild Irish Rose, Salome and Lady With the Spinning Head and ditch WGRYWH and EBTTRT

JT: put Bullet any other than where it currently is and add Luminous Times.

R&H: add Hallelujah Here She Comes

:up:

I've always felt that A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel, along with Levitate and Lady are U2's lost songs. Such good songs and they were discarded or used as mere b-sides.

I've always felt that A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel, along with Levitate and Lady are U2's lost songs. Such good songs and they were discarded or used as mere b-sides.

Oh I forgot about Room at the Heartbreak Hotel. :drool:

I love U2 circa 1988! I think R&H is sometimes underrated in this forum.

Well, to me R&H is U2's third best album. :heart:

Bomb: ditch Oots and Crumbs, and add Electrical Storm, Fast Cars, Smile and Mercy, and replace studio Yaweh with Live Yaweh.

ATYCLB: I add Summer Rain, Hands That Built America and North and South of the River, The Ground Beneath Her Feet and ditch New York and When I Look At The World.

AB: add Wild Irish Rose, Salome and Lady With the Spinning Head and ditch WGRYWH and IGWSHA

JT: put Bullet any other than where it currently is and add Luminous Times.

:up:

:no: imo

OOTS and Crumbs are two of the best off HTDAAB. I'd say get rid of the weakest song (One Step Closer or AMAAW) and replace with Mercy.

On ATYCLB NY and WILATW are great tracks, maybe TGBHF instead of Grace.

IGWSHA is on Pop, not AB.

Just my take.

Back
Top Bottom