Final Results: Rate the Song Series, 2011-2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
L. M. F. A. O.

After 2 years, the secret it out. Cori, think of my name, and then you might get why I used the pun. :wink:

After 2 years, the secret it out. Cori, think of my name, and then you might get why I used the pun. :wink:

:doh:

I am embarrassed to admit how long it took me to get what you meant by that.

Edit: and now that I think about it more, it's ringing a bell. I must have realized the name connection at some point. I probably only thought it was a hockey reference for a brief time, way back when. :wink:

Oh God! :lol::lol::lol:

I meant coke as the drink. I never made the drug connection until now. Geez! I wanted to change it, but it wasn't possible, so there you go.

You can imagine the surprise at some of the gatherings when people asked my username.

I think this thread went off track in order to protest/ignore the arbitrary/idiosyncratic choices made by the Interference community.

I mean, the list mostly could have been done by chucking a bunch of good songs onto individual slips of paper and blindly picking them off the table and assigning numbers #100 by the order they were received. Then again, a list done in that manner would at least have reason.

I do think that when old favorites return to the concert setlist, they do tend to get inflated in fan's estimation. I don't think Zooropa would have been anywhere near the Top 20 prior to its appearance in the 360 sets (or Ultra Violet being declared the best Achtung Baby track in a poll on @u2 for that matter). People get bored and then start to dislike tracks that they've heard much.

Zooropa tied for 1st with One Tree Hill in the best of the rest (what was it called?) survivor 4-5 years back. Based on One Tree Hill's current placement, it jumped like 12 spots in that time frame. Not extraordinary.

Ultraviolet made the biggest post-360 jump.

Wow, apparently The Hive has been active longer than we originally thought.

Not necessarily. I mean, the Best of the Rest series obviously didn't include songs that were on the Best Of compilations, so it's not too ludicrous for something like "Zooropa" to win a contest like that. I do think The Hive was at the very least coalescing around that point, but it just gets more and more out of control all the time.

More importantly, be sure to copy-and-save overexcited posts about the latest U2 studio album. It's always good to blackmail Interferencers later once everyone gets off the hype and realizes the band has delivered another merely acceptable offering.

More importantly, be sure to copy-and-save overexcited posts about the latest U2 studio album. It's always good to blackmail Interferencers later once everyone gets off the hype and realizes the band has delivered another merely acceptable offering.

You mean like

THIS IS SO FUCKING INCREDIBLE I CAN'T STOP REPLAYING IT!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS, YOU HAVE NO TASTE AT ALL.

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

U2 HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!

That's on Vertigo, by the way.

Or Shaun vox on Bomb?

fuck this album is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I should've done this for NLOTH as well. I didn't because I was avoiding all spoilers until I had the album myself. Perhaps I will search the old threads again on a boring day.

That post of Axver's is probably my favorite post on Interference ever

And there's so many more of him from that thread. :lol: Such pure gold. Everyone went so mad over the album, and they all hate it now.

You know I still love ya Ax, but it's just too much brilliance to keep for myself. ;)

Back
Top Bottom