Favourite Larry parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
1. Sunday bloody sunday
2. Pride
3. Mysterious ways
4. Please
5. Acrobat

Please

One- I love how he "one hands" the beat with his right hand, and uses the left to throw in the floor tom every 4 measures. I believe he does this with Pride also.

Magnificent- the version from the video U2.com showed of him recorded a drum part to the song. that performance never made it on the album version, but man it was awesome!

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Moment of Surrender
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Please
Pride

His butt.

Oh, I'm sorry .... was that not what you meant by the thread title?

If so, then I'll go with Please. I love his drumming on Please.

I like his work on ASOH, Bad, The Fly, NLOTH, Boots, Please.. to name a few.

Running to Stand Still & Bad. Please too.

I dig a good spleen on a guy.

this reminds me of that Seinfeld episode, the one where Jerry & Elaine fix-up George and Cynthia, and George gets all vain... "what about her cheek? i like a good cheek." "her cheek?" "does it have a pinkish hue?"

At first I thought this was a thread more suited for PLEBA. :sexywink:

Drumming... My favorite has always been SBS. The "march beat" he created for that song really made a difference in how one can interpret the song. Plus, the song comes alive.

Larry always responds well to Bono's soaring vocals - the best example of this is "Bad", where he really gives it his all after Bono's "wide awake" bit. :applaud:

At first I thought this was a thread more suited for PLEBA. :sexywink:

Drumming... My favorite has always been SBS. The "march beat" he created for that song really made a difference in how one can interpret the song. Plus, the song comes alive.

Larry always responds well to Bono's soaring vocals - the best example of this is "Bad", where he really gives it his all after Bono's "wide awake" bit. :applaud:

I completely agree... while his drumming in Bad might not exactly be hard hitting, he complements Bono amazingly. Contributes to the song as a whole, making it the powerful song it is.

I like "early" Larry drumming.
He's been sleeping for a while I think, he doesn't record anything challenging for a rock drummer. Anyway, I liked Boots and SUC drumming.
Best era was between 80 - 90, he was hitting his drum back then. Now he lacks emotion and subtile differences that used to make him a good drummer (not great).
SBS
Like a song
Bad (best live before 92)
Bullet
God part 2
Twilight
The Fly
Zoo Station
Mysterious Ways (live since 92 except the boring 360 version)
Some of the Pop album too (last great thing that he played)

Back
Top Bottom