Favourite b-sides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heaven and Hell:drool:
I Feel Free
Never let me go
Flower Child
Spanish Eyes
Walk To The Water
Everlasting Love
Be There
J Swallow
Lady with the Spinning Head
Happiness is a warm gun
Summer Rain
Dancing Barefoot
Where did it all go wrong
Don't take your guns to town
Are you gonna wait forever?
:heart:

Just to be technical this thread should be called, "Non-Album" songs, for many of these are not "b-sides".

Not that it really matters though...:wink:

I have discovered many b- sides that this band have put out over the years..and found great ones.

Fortunate Son
Disappearing Act
Holy Joe
Everlasting Love (not sure if this one is a b-side)
Alex Descends to hell
Night and day
Levitate
Summer Rain
Heaven and hell

Can you post your favs and recommend some to me.

Disappearing Act is a finished (in 2009) outtake from TUF 25th Anniversary Edition bonus disc. An amazing song, but not exactly a b-side.
Holy Joe... there's two versions, the "Garage Mix" and the "Guilty Mix" (both are worth checking out :up:).
Everlasting Love, it's a b-side. It was released on the All I Want Is You single along another amazing song: U2's rendition of Unchained Melody.
Levitate, my favorite song of all time... it's not a b-side also, it's an outtake released on "Unreleased & Rare". A rarities digital-only compilation that was released as a companion to The Complete U2 digital box set.
Night and Day was released on a various artists compilation callled Red Hot and Blue in 1990 and was the a-side of single, so it's not a b-side either.
Heaven and Hell is another outtake but never officially released by the band in any form. It can be found on the seven disc collection The Complete Hansa Tom Recordings bootleg release (and on several other compilations of these sessions - this one is the most complete though, except for Walk On Bye, which also is from these sessions but it's not here), along many other never released songs (and a lot of boring stuff too :wink:).
Now that I finished being an ass :wink:...

...my favorite ones, that are actually b-sides (not counting remixes):

A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel
Hallelujah (Here She Comes)
Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)
Unchained Melody
Everlasting Love
Lady With the Spinning Head (UV1)
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Satellite of Love
Fortunate Son
Paint It, Black
Slow Dancing
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
Big Girls Are Best
Neon Lights
Are You Gonna Wait Forever?

maybe Favourite Non-albums song thread...

Ok I stand corrected. many of my choices i mentioned somehow -before I wrote the first post- I had thought that they were a 'b-side'. which ok I get that they aren't. which I could have change the name of this thread to what I have above.

Now, keep mentioning all your -above- favourite non album songs. such as unreleased & rare songs, remixes, B-sides and any other kind by this band...by non-albums meaning non studio albums.

Back
Top Bottom