Favorite Live Song Transitions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
Mine:

1 - Running To Stand Still > Streets - ZooTV Tour
2 - Please > Streets - PopMart Tour
3 - All I Want Is You > Streets - Elevation Tour/Slane Castle

4 - Ultraviolet > With Or Without You - ZooTV and 360
5 - Stingray > Beautiful Day > I Will Follow - 360
6 - Mothers of the Disappeared > Walk On - 360
7 - Zoo Station > The Fly - Vertigo/Chicago DVD
8 - The Unforgettable Fire > City of Blinding Lights > Vertigo - 360

Ooh, good idea for a topic!

I'm gonna have to say Vertigo > Crazy Tonight Remix > SBS on 360.

I threw a brick threw a window-a day without me - under a blood red sky- unbeatable.
october - new years day

Early tours - Streets/IWF
October-NYD

Zoo TV: UTEOTW-NYD
RTSS-Streets

Popmart: Please-Streets

Elevation: Bad/40snippet-Streets

Vertigo: ZS-The Fly

360: UF-COBL-Vertigo-Crazy remix-SBS

Zoo TV: Running to stand still > Streets
Lemon > With or Without You

POPMART: MOFO > I Will Folow

360: Rain snippet > Streets

Everything transitioning into Streets is bound to be spectacular, so those are always my favorites.

Rain going into Streets is my new favorite, absolutely fenomenal. I demand more rain for upcoming shows! :D

Off the top of my head.

Zoo TV: RTSS>Streets
PopMart: Please>Streets, Discotheque>IYWTVD
Elevation: Not really a transition but that start of The Fly all ambient then BAM! The Fly:drool:. Wake Up Dead Man>Walk On
Vertigo: An Cat Dubh>Into The Heart (although they are supposed to be like that)
360: CT Remix>SBS, Amazing Grace>Streets (amazing on 360 DVD! :drool: Talk about God walking through the room!) Also MLK>Walk On

RTSS->Streets, Please->Streets, Bad->Streets, AIWIY->Streets, One->Streets, and Crazy Tonight->Sundae Chocolate Sundae.

Trying to avoid the obvious ones here:

The 11 O'clock Tick Tock/The Ocean combination to close Boy and October Tour gigs is one of the band's best concert closers. Seamless transition out of 11OTT's second solo. Let's not forget that they also did the reverse: The Ocean into 11OTT to open was pretty cool, what with 11OTT's opening riff just tearing into the atmosphere set by The Ocean.

October into Tomorrow was great on the War Tour. Forget October/NYD; October/Tomorrow is the superior use of October, and it's the order they should have been presented on the album.

Desire/Watchtower was a spectacular combo on Lovetown when they did the shredding solo in Desire, and holy shit, the couple of times they did the AIWIY/Bad medley, that was something else entirely.

Can't believe I'm the first to mention I Threw A Brick into A Day Without Me. Besides 11OTT/The Ocean, that was perhaps the U2 live segue of the early days.

Although it wasn't an actual transition per se, 11OTT/IWF was such a powerful opener to UF Tour gigs.

Trying to avoid the obvious ones here:

The 11 O'clock Tick Tock/The Ocean combination to close Boy and October Tour gigs is one of the band's best concert closers. Seamless transition out of 11OTT's second solo. Let's not forget that they also did the reverse: The Ocean into 11OTT to open was pretty cool, what with 11OTT's opening riff just tearing into the atmosphere set by The Ocean.

October into Tomorrow was great on the War Tour. Forget October/NYD; October/Tomorrow is the superior use of October, and it's the order they should have been presented on the album.

Desire/Watchtower was a spectacular combo on Lovetown when they did the shredding solo in Desire, and holy shit, the couple of times they did the AIWIY/Bad medley, that was something else entirely.

Can't believe I'm the first to mention I Threw A Brick into A Day Without Me. Besides 11OTT/The Ocean, that was perhaps the U2 live segue of the early days.

Although it wasn't an actual transition per se, 11OTT/IWF was such a powerful opener to UF Tour gigs.

i mentioned I threw a brick/day without me earlier and I was waiting for you to come and back me up! :wave:

Popmart is by far the best tour in transitions.

The Please - WTSHNN is amazing, the Discotheque into IYWTVD as well and the POPmuzik into Mofo into I will follow is amazing. And earlier in the tour the UTTEOTW into IGWSHA transition was great as well. Or Miami into BTBS amazing as well.

During the popmart tour they had the best transitions worked out.

i mentioned I threw a brick/day without me earlier and I was waiting for you to come and back me up! :wave:

Fuckin' hell I'm blind! Well still, can't believe I'm just the second to mention it. :wink:

Easily one of Larry's finest moments.

Oh, and I can't believe I didn't mention Dirty Day/Bullet. The way Bullet just explodes out of the end of Dirty Day is quality.

Back
Top Bottom