Favorite/Least Favorite Album Covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, there aren't any covers that I outright despise. I find the Bomb cover to be lacking the most creatively. I'm kind of a minimalist, so I actually dig the cover of No Line. I also prefer the white LP cover for SOI over the one with Larry and his son.

Yeah, there aren't any covers that I outright despise. I find the Bomb cover to be lacking the most creatively. I'm kind of a minimalist, so I actually dig the cover of No Line. I also prefer the white LP cover for SOI over the one with Larry and his son.

:up:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well, after a month, so far, to the surprise of probably no one, Achtung Baby is the leader in the most favorite U2 album cover category. And also, no shocker, is that Bomb is the leader in the least favorite U2 album cover category with dishonorable mention to SOI.

My favorite U2 album covers are:
1. No line on the horizon
2. Under a blood red sky ( Not sure if this counts)
3. The Joshua Tree
4. Unforgettable fire
My least favorite are:
SOI ( It just looks wrong I like the white cover better )
HTDAAB (Not too much color but I like the red)
:hmm: :scratch:
I don't really like the Rattle and hum cover as much as I like JT

POP
Zooropa
Achtung Baby
All That You Can't Leave Behind
Joshua Tree
Songs of Innocence
Unforgettable Fire
Rattle and Hum
War
Boy
HTDAAB
No Line on the Horizon
October

My favorite is the squished cd cover of the original Joshua Tree cd.

War, Under a Blood Red Sky, and Zooropa are my favourites. The cover of ATYCLB is probably the best part of the album.

And fuck me, HTDAAB deserves every little shred of criticism it receives, and then some. It's hard to think of a worse cover. There's plenty of good photography from that era, and they chose that piece of shit?

Just wanted to bump this thread to show that not too long ago, this topic was discussed. And, naturally, it took a nearly horrendous turn.

1. Joshua Tree
2. All That You Can't Leave Behind
3. Unforgettable Fire
4. War
5. Achtung Baby
6. Boy
7. No Line On The Horizon
8. Pop
9. Zooropa
10. Rattle and Hum
11. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
12. Songs of Innocence
13. October

Forgot about ATYCLB as that is a simple yet really nice cover. I too would rank it second to JT though.

For those of you (I'm guessing most) that remember the CD art....now that would be cool to rank.

My favorite:

Pop followed by ATYCLB

JT was like most of their 80s CDs....clear with the songs listed on it and I believe a small pick of a Joshua Tree....simple yet iconic!

HTDAAB was boring!

Most others escape me at the moment

Well, whenever they release that next album, I would have to hope/assume that they will think long and hard about the album cover. I understand the sentiment behind the SOI cover with Larry and his son, but sadly many seemed to misinterpret it. Perhaps something in line with the Achtung Baby or Zooropa album covers.

I bought the CD of JT when I was 14 and it had the squished cover. I came across a vinyl copy with the full cover about a year later (at a church yard sale, i think) and it was mind blowing.

Same thing happened to me when I bought the vinyl. Lol Wtf is this shit album cover I've been associating with the album for for so long. The true photo is so much better.

Still love War and AB the best. Not to dredge up the pedophilea thing (but I'm going to) let's not forget that Boy was changed for this reason. I also grew up only knowing about the alternate Boy cover. Was equally blown away when I finally saw the original.

If you want Bomb to look good, check out MC Hammer's later album covers. Lol

Last edited:
Well, whenever they release that next album, I would have to hope/assume that they will think long and hard about the album cover. I understand the sentiment behind the SOI cover with Larry and his son, but sadly many seemed to misinterpret it. Perhaps something in line with the Achtung Baby or Zooropa album covers.

Not going to spoil the tour for you if you haven't seen it yet, but U2 supposedly flash a pic of the next album cover at the end of the night. Very cool and very reminiscent of War. Excuse me if this has already been debunked elsewhere on the message board.

Not going to spoil the tour for you if you haven't seen it yet, but U2 supposedly flash a pic of the next album cover at the end of the night. Very cool and very reminiscent of War. Excuse me if this has already been debunked elsewhere on the message board.
Not going to spoil Fight Club for you but Brad Pitt and Ed Norton are the same guy

:angry: next thing you're going to do is ruin star wars and tell us han solo is obi-wan's uncle or something?

Really? I thought the big secret was that Darth Vader was Luke's father....oh, wait sorry.

Back
Top Bottom