Favorite Bono Guitar Parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhilsFan

Blue Crack Addict
Name your three favorite guitar parts that Bono pretended to play in concert.

I'll start:
1. The Fly
2. With or Without You
3. Exit

Let me guess: this is trying to say that Bono didn't actually play those parts? :rolleyes:

If it is, you've forgotten Gone - especially with the ending solo that he "didn't" play in Toronto, right?

Let me guess: this is trying to say that Bono didn't actually play those parts? :rolleyes:

If it is, you've forgotten Gone - especially with the ending solo that he "didn't" play in Toronto, right?
I stand corrected.

Bono did, in fact, play three notes in Toronto to end the song Gone.

i liked some of his work on bad from under the claw.

Staring at the Sun
fake walk on (i know he isn't really playing but it looks neat.)
gone

an oh yeah I think is is decent on Kite.

Last edited:
He does it when his G string is a little tight.

icon10.gif

You guys are wack. Bono does in fact play on some songs. You can argue it all you want, but I know it to be fact, I've seen it and heard it clearly myself.

Unless you're going to assert that the noise coming out of his amp, bum notes and all, is being produced by a dwarf in the underworld. That dwarf must have a direct video link to what Bono is doing with his hands, then, especially for the mistakes.

If this was just a fun thread that's cool too. But just for the record he does in fact play.

I think half the time it's to make sure he stays in place with the band for a portion of the show, but he does actually contribute something once in awhile, most notably the Vertigo Tour version of The Fly.

Will someone explain this to me?

YouTube - U2 - Gone (Anaheim 2001)

this is Gone from Anaheim in 2001, at 3:55 they start to play the outro solo, Edges hand is way to high to be playing it, and he looks like hes just strumming the rhythm, and Bono seems to be really into it, so it seems like hes the one playing it

I really love Bono's energetic guitar playing (when he goes at it full throttle). It contrasts nicely with Edge's more subtle style...if you gave Bono an (unplugged) electric guitar on stage, you would easily think he was playing lead and Edge was supporting him!

Back
Top Bottom