Fallen Joshua Tree – still there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTVTOURist

Refugee
Hi y'all,

just wanted to ask those of you, who recently did their 'pilgrimage' to the fallen Joshua Tree area. Is the tree still there on the ground – or have the remains been removed. Please tell us your story ...:drool:

It's there.

See this thread from this page on for photos and the story

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...-january-gathering-190595-14.html#post5736163

In fact where the tree lies it's still easy to see it's original shape as seen in the photos with U2. It looks as though the large lower branch on the left side fell off first, as that one lies exactly next to the stump, the rest of the main tree is still all in tact.

^Thats funny

I need to find directions to it...I'm going to Arizona in the summer (Thats were it is...right:|)

^Thats funny

I need to find directions to it...I'm going to Arizona in the summer (Thats were it is...right:|)

No, California. Near 29 Palms outside Joshua Tree National Park. That thread linked or another one similiar has a google map of the general area though the exact location, I think, cant be pinpointed. Never been out there, just what I have read here.

^
Shit...I thought it was in Arizona! Aw well, they did some photoshots out there right?

Anywho...California it is

No, California. Near 29 Palms outside Joshua Tree National Park. That thread linked or another one similiar has a google map of the general area though the exact location, I think, cant be pinpointed. Never been out there, just what I have read here.

Actually U2's Joshua Tree isn't near that at all. It's outside of Death Valley, about 3 hours away from Joshua Tree NP.

(However the Harmony Motel where U2 stayed and took photos IS there in 29 Palms. I stayed there too... they have made a little shrine to U2 in their lobby :cute: )

Actually U2's Joshua Tree isn't near that at all. It's outside of Death Valley, about 3 hours away from Joshua Tree NP.

(However the Harmony Motel where U2 stayed and took photos IS there in 29 Palms. I stayed there too... they have made a little shrine to U2 in their lobby :cute: )

My bad! Sorry.

I knew the hotel and shoot took place in 29 palms, I was 50-50 on whether the Tree was there or closer to Zabriske pt and Death Valley where the cover shots were taken. Instead of looking it up, I was lazy and went with 29 palms.

For Orarroundabout, that means it is significantly further from Arizona than Nat'l park area, though!

My bad! Sorry.

I knew the hotel and shoot took place in 29 palms, I was 50-50 on whether the Tree was there or closer to Zabriske pt and Death Valley where the cover shots were taken. Instead of looking it up, I was lazy and went with 29 palms.

For Orarroundabout, that means it is significantly further from Arizona than Nat'l park area, though!

No problem :) I just didn't want Roundabout searching the JT park for the tree! However I highly recommend visiting there too. It's an amazing gorgeous park with forrests of Joshua trees unlike anywhere else. :drool: It reminded me of going back in time or something. Plus being just minutes from the Harmony Motel it makes a perfect trip. Pretty cool staying at the Harmony, very quaint and they are proud of their U2 history.
And yeah U2's Joshua Tree is closer to Zabriske pt, and it is right outside Death Valley National Park.

I keep on reading about people wanting to go there and the first that pops up in my head is the Ranger saying; "Try not to give the location away, or we may have to take down the plaque and the tree, if too many people show up here...":)

He said that about the tree too? I heard him mention removing the plaque but not the tree. Wow that would just be sooooo wrong.

(It also makes no sense considering the millions of people that hang out on other public land in the desert riding all types of vehicles and causing much more damage to the land than a few U2 fans, on foot.) :huh:

I'm all for those who have made the trip to see the tree site away to anyone, even to other fellow U2 fans. Part of the whole sojourn is in "finding" the location.

Back
Top Bottom