ESPN FIFA World Cup 2010 spot - Magnificent (with Bono narrating)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone have a link to the ESPN commercial with the Soweto Gospel Choir and U2 performing "Amazing Grace"? @u2 sent out a link to ESPN but I can't watch the video in my country.

Does anyone have a link to the ESPN commercial with the Soweto Gospel Choir and U2 performing "Amazing Grace"? @u2 sent out a link to ESPN but I can't watch the video in my country.

Here's the ESPN.com link. I don't know if it will work for your country though.

Amazing Grace

Yeah, I've got reading comprehension issues. Here's another link but it looks like it might be the same as the ESPN one. Amazing Grace alternate link.

The clips with the Soweto choir are two of the coolest things I've seen in a long time.

I have always wanted U2 to tour with a choir and decent size orchestra. I saw Eric Clapton with an orchestra and it was phenomenal. Metallica even did it with S&M.

Most of U2's songs have a backing track anyway, but could you imagine a choir and a 30 or 60 piece orchestra instead?!

I have always wanted U2 to tour with a choir and decent size orchestra. I saw Eric Clapton with an orchestra and it was phenomenal. Metallica even did it with S&M.

Most of U2's songs have a backing track anyway, but could you imagine a choir and a 30 or 60 piece orchestra instead?!

1000% agree with you. This is the kind of live album I'd like to hear or maybe for their next recorded album. I know Rattle and Hum got slated, but that was mainly due to the film that accompanied the album. I liked that album because of the use of a brass section on some songs like Angel of Harlem, but also the use of strings/orchestra on All I Want Is You and the choir on I Still Haven't...

They haven't explored this fully and I think songs like Streets, Unforgettable Fire, All I Want Is You, I Still Haven't Found, Magnificent, One etc, would sound incredible live with an orchestra and/or choir. The Metallica album S&M was incredible, particularly when you listen to "One", the first 2 minutes of that song is fantastic.

I really debated whether or not to check out Sting's orchestra show here in my area tomorrow night, but funds are kind of lacking at the moment! I wasn't tempted to by the commercial I saw for his shows where they showed some of the songs being performed that way, but I saw him do "Next to You" with the orchestra background on the Tonight Show last week and it actually sounded pretty good!

Back
Top Bottom