Emo band Paramore covers Sunday Bloody Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they lend a haunting quality to the song, it works well acoustically. Good on them.

And Sixpence None The Richer did a good job with Love at Blindness.

They are a pop band, like Mcfly, Scouting For Girls, Rascall Flats, No Doubt, Panic At The Disco and Avril Lavinge and some of Maroon 5's, Linkin Park, Hoobastank and Fall Out Boy's stuff. If they were real rock stars they would more stylistic and emotional in their delivery and they wouldn't try to iron out all their flaws. They think perfection is more important than being emotional.

Plus her voice is just ordinary, similar vein to Toni Braxton type voice where it's got some quality and some people love it, but she doesn't overpower a pop song like someone who has an unusual voice (like Alanness Morressette) or a great voice would. But then for RnB voices you do need really great voices or very unsual timbres (rather than just a pretty sweet voice or a slightly grating voice like Rihanna).

It's not that bad really:shrug: big woop...if it was Nickelback I would be offended...but I have a completely irrational hatred of Nickelback and recognise this fact and dear god never let me be locked in a room with the band for so help me God, there would only be one person walking out of that room and it will not be Chad Kroeger:wink:

im not into the whole emo scene and dislike a lot of bands, but i have to admit, paramore is a good band

i actually like this cover a lot

and i dont know why people are bothered by this, they are paying their tribute to an amazing band

Its not the worst thing I have ever heard. I like that they are covering a great song by a great band. I don't think I would listen to it again.

With that said, someone mentioned the "haunting" quality they added...I think Lisa Hannigen would be able to sing a pretty wicked version of the song...

Back
Top Bottom