Embarrassing Former Opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oregoropa

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
- I once thought "Original of the Species" should be considered as a nominee for Record of the Year at the Grammies

- I used to think Zooropa and Lemon were boring songs worth skipping over

- At first I loved the lyrics to Stand Up Comedy because they were so darn clever

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Stand Up Comedy was my favourite song on NLOTH after the first few listens.

I can't say my opinions about U2 have ever really changed.

Well, when I was 13 in 1989, I thought they were dinosaurs, old, and ready for retirement.

But the stuff I liked at 13 I still like now.

I'd like to quietly boast the opposite of embarrassing former opinions: I knew HTDAAB was a stinker within days. It was the production in part, but that was just the beginning of the pain.

That said, I have plenty of embarrassing former opinions about other things, best left in the vault.

"Wow, 'Get On Your Boots' is probably the freshest U2 has sounded since Achtung Baby!"

That "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" is the single best U2 song. And I still hold this belief.

Is this embarrassing though?

I didn't like With or Without You for a few listens.

So would it be considered embarassing when I admit I still like Stand Up Comedy? Because I'm not really the person to get embarrassad about that sort of thing..

I used to think that Miracle Drug, Original of the Species, and Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own were some of their best songs.
Then I finally heard Zooropa and everything changed.

I used to think Roger Taylor was the best-looking member of Duran Duran.

Oh, you meant U2 opinions. Carry on.

At the height of my fandom at age 16 I used to imagine the guys were tall.

I used to think that I wouldn't ever need to listen to any music other than U2.

I used to think Larry was Chris Mullen's brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no recollection of this but apparently, after my parents put the "live in Boston" dvd in the dvd player for the gazzilion'd time back in 2002 I told them "For fucks sake mom not U2 AGAIN, they drive me nuts"

"That dude always wears a beanie... why? So Awkward, just admit you are bald ,and that Bono dude, so whingey."

/total180

At the height of my fandom at age 16 I used to imagine the guys were tall.

I think one of the most shocking moments of my life was the first time I saw Bono off a stage, up close and personal. You hold this guy up as larger than life, and then you're standing next to him looking down.

I think one of the most shocking moments of my life was the first time I saw Bono off a stage, up close and personal. You hold this guy up as larger than life, and then you're standing next to him looking down.

In your case, looking far down.

Its a combination of the physical stage an the larger than life persona. You see him and other rock stars on stage, they are elevated, and of course just the whole big persona thing.

Back
Top Bottom