Elevation vs. Vertigo vs. Sexy Boots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your fav - what say you Interference?

• Total voters
Boots is awesome and more challenging than the other two put together. It's full of "let me in the sound" goodness. :up:

Elevation. The lyrics are more meaningful than the other two. Besides that it's one of the few I can actually listen to on ATYCLB.

Vertigo and Boots are about in the same category: average. I tend to lean on Vertigo because it's again one of the few I can put up with on HTDAAB, while Boots, though not on the skip category, sort of ruins NLOTH together with Crazy and SUC.

Am I the only one who really hates it when people call the song Sexy Boots?

:angry: Its title is Get On Your Boots goddamnit. Same as when people call BD It's a Beautiful Day. It's not the title.

Good to see some love for Boots here :up:

Vertigo and Elevation are great live, not so much on the albums.

Boots, on the other hand, is great on the album. Hope they'll work out a decend live version for the tour.

Am I the only one who really hates it when people call the song Sexy Boots?

:angry: Its title is Get On Your Boots goddamnit. Same as when people call BD It's a Beautiful Day. It's not the title.

Yep. "Sexy Boots" is always going to be hilariously funny to me because so many news outlets claimed that was the title long before anything was confirmed. The fan reaction to it was the icing on the cake.

Yep. "Sexy Boots" is always going to be hilariously funny to me because so many news outlets claimed that was the title long before anything was confirmed. The fan reaction to it was the icing on the cake.

That's true. Though I still think it sounds stupid, and makes the song somehow sound more stupid and fun too. It takes away from the seriousness of the lyrics.

Vertigo

Elevation

Boots (still haven't listened it to the end I think...just awful! :yuck:)

Boots
Vertigo
Elevation

I quite like em all to be fair but i do agree very much with the first post.

Elevation is a great song, it was in my top 5 U2 songs for a few years.

Vertigo is good, but yeah lacking a little... like no 30 for me

Boots, well it could have been totally awesome... but no... say i'd rank it no 80, lol.

Vertigo - A damn near perfect rock song for pop radio. An ideal album opener, great guitar work, excellent live. I'll never understand the dislike for this one.

Elevation - A little stale on the album, but kicks arse live.

GOYB - A lot of different ideas at play here, not all of them work. The disastrous Grammy performance did little to help its cause in the court of public opinion.

Back
Top Bottom