Edge's building plan gets cancelled [update]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one was completed

guitarshape6123480.jpg

that doesn't look like Malibu at all. more like the Westchester suburbs.

I could see that being the case. But from what I've read, he is NOT coming out of this looking good, which is a shame.

But I suppose that's the way it goes when you're rich, famous and a rather easy target because of that.

And please, say more - obviously I don't have the whole story from the articles I've read. You obviously have a fuller picture - was it in another article or something somewhere?

It's not written in an article anywhere... but people are sometimes only a couple of degrees of separation from the truth ;)

I wonder if Edge was not involved they would have said yes, The only reason its such a big deal was because Edge was involved :madwife: (That was my mom when she found out)
i hate people like that!

I really don't think that would be the case, it's Malibu.

The idea seemed to be universally hated. And to be honest, it sounds like he was being a dick about it too. Remember the $1m pay off recently?

The band must be starting to wonder if they can get approval for anything these days.

I'm pretty sure that Pearl Of Malibu (or whatever it was called) will NOT make it onto the new album now. And judging by how mawkish it probably would have been, that's definitely a GOOD thing! Every cloud has a silver lining :wink:

sounds like common sense really as it would only set a precedent and you'd get more people with the money saying "well Evans had his five big homes built up there, why can't I have another five?"

Well that was one of my first thoughts too, ie surely Edge isn't the first multi-millionare to have looked up and there and said "wow, wouldn't this be grand"..but you just don't put developments in some places. Some places are better left as they are.

I'll say no more, but this was more about people that he trusted to do the right thing for him than what he did himself.

Uh. What?

This sounds like that crazy theory about the tax move being not of their (or one of their) choosing!

Cmon now. The guy has already lived down there, and hand picked that property without a shred of a doubt. It was just a bad decision, period. I still want his glorious riffs filling my head on a daily basis, regardless.

Galeongirl said:
Is The Edge okay? :sad:

Let's hope not. Maybe Bono will channel Edge's grief into a second Achtung Baby.

Their vote is dangerous, because it's honest
It's dangerous...I don't get what I want
You left my project as just a vacant lot
For any wildlife to haunt

Hey hey, fuck you
Hey hey

Who's gonna build my five mansions?
What's going to be built on the sea?
Who's gonna build my five mansions?
Why did they make a fool of me?

I think this is all just a great testament to the strength of the bonds of friendship between Bono and Edge.

Edge saw that Bono was growing weary of being the band's punching bag, and he put his hand on his friend's shoulder and said, "You're tired, and you need a break. Let me do something that will draw the ire of many. Let me shoulder this burden, my friend."

And Bono sighed in response, his shoulders sagging with the relief of a weight lifted. "Thank you, The Edge. Thank you."

And then Bono went and bought more cocks with which to annoy his Irish neighbors.

Well, I had to specify, because otherwise we wouldn't have known if it were his New York neighbors, or his French neighbors, or his Mars neighbors.

..... didn't he totally ravage the Mars landscape to build 10 mansions? I'm pretty sure that's where Edge got the idea.

I think this is all just a great testament to the strength of the bonds of friendship between Bono and Edge.

Edge saw that Bono was growing weary of being the band's punching bag, and he put his hand on his friend's shoulder and said, "You're tired, and you need a break. Let me do something that will draw the ire of many. Let me shoulder this burden, my friend."

And Bono sighed in response, his shoulders sagging with the relief of a weight lifted. "Thank you, The Edge. Thank you."

And then Bono went and bought more cocks with which to annoy his Irish neighbors.

Edge is such a good friend. :cute: Now Bono can get a whole flock of peacocks and set them free while he shouts, "Fly, my pretties! Fly!" No one will complain because they will be too distracted by Edge's crimes against scrubby Malibu hillsides.

I don't begrudge him one cent of his money but for me that whole thing just had an ick factor.

Maybe he should have just bought the Spelling mansion and had it transferred somehow to Malibu. That would require one big ass flatbed but maybe it could be done.

Edge really should let this go. This is looking like "Big rock star throws his toys out of the pram because he didn't get his way".

Edge really should let this go. This is looking like "Big rock star throws his toys out of the pram because he didn't get his way".

Do we know all of the details? Do you know more than the few news stories you've read?

Who are we to tell Edge what to do or not do or "let go" of?

"Big rock star throws his toys out of the pram because he didn't get his way", comment seems a bit out of line.

Do we know all of the details? Do you know more than the few news stories you've read?

"Big rock star throws his toys out of the pram because he didn't get his way", comment seems a bit out of line.

Lemonfly is saying that to the casual observer, Edge appears to be throwing a rich-boy hissyfit, and indeed, that does appear to be the case..

I was commenting on the general public perception on this ongoing story. If this was Mick Jagger, I'm sure most (non Rolling Stones fans) would be thinking "typical wealthy rock star behaviour".

Why would you let such a big project go just for your image? I really don't think Edge thinks about that with regards to his house and he's right.

Back
Top Bottom