Edge in new web doc - does Running to Stand Still live, solo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed. It's not very often that we get to hear his voice alone! I wonder what happened to the track he was said to have a lead vocal on, that was part of the early listening parties before Epworth/Tedder?

Loved the part when he is talking about doing something challenging, maybe embarrassing, over the top, but potentionally great. It is what the last record is about. finally.

Agreed. It's not very often that we get to hear his voice alone! I wonder what happened to the track he was said to have a lead vocal on, that was part of the early listening parties before Epworth/Tedder?
I think it might have been Song for Someone, considering his prominent backing vocals on the track - basically singing the song behind Bono's vocal. His backing vocals are lovely on that track. Wish he had sung it solo.

I thought that too, of the songs we've actually heard. But that one was tentatively titled 'Morleigh's Song' and Bono says SfS is especially about his relationship with Ali. I'd love it if another song, or a SfS track with Edge's voice came out one day!

Morleighs song was an absolute rubbish troll rumour, it was proven by previous posts that this poster would make up song titles before other releases as well. Not a grain of truth to them...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I liked his version of Love is Blindness on From the Sky Down documentary.

This should be good.

I wouldn't mind one bit if they played it live like that, with Bono singing. I'd like to see them loop and layer more in front of us live.

Funny, even the edge dosn´t remember U2 lyrics :) :) :)

Otherwise, quite boring, too much echo on guitar, not enough layers and the performance shows while Edge is probably the best backing vocalist, he doesn´t have the charisma for being the leader vocalist :)

Amazing performance. Best of the album/tour promo performances by a mile.

I think it was filmed about a year ago.

Very nice version of Running To Stand Still, mainly because of the guitar. Edge doesn't have the greatest singing voice, to be honest, but the guitar loops are amazing.

I think it was filmed about a year ago.

Very nice version of Running To Stand Still, mainly because of the guitar. Edge doesn't have the greatest singing voice, to be honest, but the guitar loops are amazing.

Well darn. I thought it was recent.

Reminds me of the show they had about 10 years ago on the Making of Joshua Tree with Edge talking about the guitar parts, I always find this type of stuff interesting, something U2 should do more of when they put out a concert have some of these bonus features.

He sounds great. Not technically perfect, as it is a live version, but the passion is there. One that Bono didn't have most of the time he performed that song in 2005.

Back
Top Bottom