Earliest known live recording of U2 has been uncovered - a Dandelion Market show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Y2K

Refugee
You gotta read this story at atu2.com. They've been doing extensive research on the band's early shows, and their efforts turned up a tape of an Aug 1979 Dandelion Market show!

@U2

Last edited:
Why aren’t they just uploading the whole show so everyone can download it? It’s not good enough quality for the band to release it themselves.

yeah when I clicked through I was surprised to see that. pretty wanky from atu2 to bang on about how great they are and then not share any of it with the U2 fan community :down:

it's ridiculous that they're only sharing 50 second long samples of two songs. what's the fucking point of having the recording if they're not going to share it?

Very cool, we should get the full show at some point and I would venture that they want to atleast make the offer to the band to release it in some capacity. So this is the first time we’ve ever heard snippets of In Your Hand and Concentration Cramp right?

You don't think the band's hq was made aware of this before atU2 got involved?

As I said above, it's probably not good enough quality for the band to actually charge people for it.

I would be impressed if the band was with the times enough to realize this could be a cool PR move with their fanbase (like showing up to that fan gathering and playing with the tribute band), to buy up the recording and issue it as the fan club exclusive next year.

In latest news the band has decided to shelve JT32 tour for the Dandelion Market 40 tour. Announcement to come.

Tonight has clearly always been a snippet. Would love to hear what it sounds like as a full song.

I’ve always wondered what the basis was for picking which songs made the cut for boy. I love the album, but they seemed to drop some really good songs like Street Mission and False Prophet before they could road test then with a wide raudience

I think they made the right call with Boy. There are some good songs from that era but they picked the best for the album.

God, I feel like @u2 are being real pricks about this on Twitter. Maybe I'm just being sensitive.

After seeing the videos I thought they must be the full show until I pressed play to see they were 30 seconds long.

This is worse then having a lap dance. Proper teasing. Is it going to be released are they even allowed to release it ?

The guy who got the tape said he'll think about sharing it because it's taken several years to obtain. I cant believe people are congratulating him and @U2 for essentially bragging about their exclusive, important tape that they won't share. I don't understand the point of even having it if he/they dont want to share. It probably makes them feel special but they should feel like jerks.

Last edited:
Pfft. Seriously, what is there to gain. If I’d tracked that down I would share the shit out of it and dine out on the mad props for decades

Wine drinkers often talk about the joy of drinking a great/expensive/rare bottle being in the sharing of it with others. I will never understand the bootleg hoarder mentality

This from the same fanbase that makes its own 'lists' and won't share any information with those not in the know.

The guy who got the tape said he'll think about sharing it because it's taken several years to obtain. I cant believe people are congratulating him and @U2 for essentially bragging about their exclusive, important tape that they won't share. I don't understand the point of even having it if he/they dont want to share. It probably makes them feel special but they should feel like jerks.

So is anyone actually dragging them over this? Or is everyone just acting grateful for these measly droppings?

So is anyone actually dragging them over this? Or is everyone just acting grateful for these measly droppings?
I've seen some negativity on Twitter, but in general I tried to stop reading. I'm only even kinda knowing what's going on because I occasionally post for the Interference Twitter and it sends U2 alerts to my phone as a result.

Man this just reminds me that Martha gave me a big box of U2 VHS tapes of stuff she recorded in the past and I was going to digitize them while I was on maternity leave to share with everyone and I didn't get around to it. That should probably be my project for the summer.

Wine drinkers often talk about the joy of drinking a great/expensive/rare bottle being in the sharing of it with others. I will never understand the bootleg hoarder mentality

Exactly. Theres nothing better than sharing something great. The atu2 crew are being such fucking shits. I dont even really care about this particular show that much but its the principle goddammit.

Back
Top Bottom