Earliest known live recording of U2 has been uncovered - a Dandelion Market show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So @u2ers get the names of people for ga lines and ... think they can use them to enforce a line? I'm misunderstanding, right?

I wonder what Matt McGee would recommend to the atU2 staff if he hadn't stepped down from the site.

The guy who got the tape said he'll think about sharing it because it's taken several years to obtain. I cant believe people are congratulating him and @U2 for essentially bragging about their exclusive, important tape that they won't share. I don't understand the point of even having it if he/they dont want to share. It probably makes them feel special but they should feel like jerks.
wth? People treating this guy like Moses bringing down the ten commandments, when he sounds a lot more like Martin Shkreli w/ the Wu-Tang record...

:down:

As I understand if, they think the ARE the line. No other lines exist. They are the self-appointed law when it comes to lines.

:lol::doh:

so what, if U2FanMegaPants is in line and sees someone he doesn't recognize behind him does he ask for ID and try& fail to kick the guy out if he isn't BonoCanUBeMyDaddy?

totally makes sense that they'd praise a guy for not sharing unheard U2 songs then. they're ridiculous.

here's out of control (supposedly) from the same show but this was uploaded to youtube almost 8 years ago. the uploader commented a month ago that the tape "has found a fantastic new home with a brilliant U2 collector and expert". :hmm:

That sounds like such a cool show in 1979.

I have never gone to a U2 concert: I shall have to put it on my list of things to do. Don't get me wrong: I've gone to the theatre AND cinema loads of times over the years. U2 are next.

Aren't there copyright rules about song clips having to be less than a certain length before someone has to pay to use/broadcast them? Maybe they thought it would make them look bad in the eyes of the U2 Legal Team if they just launched the whole thing into cyberspace without permission. I think @U2 has a pretty good relationship with the band's crew from what I've heard.

U2Start would've been taken down long ago if that was the case.

That this hasn’t seen the light of day proves this guy isn’t a fan - he’s an obsessive. Fans want to share the joy with others - obsessive want to have power and status over others.

Bit off-topic, but did anyone on here get a copy/recording of those early-Joshua Tree demos that one anonymous dude put on YouTube a few years ago? I heard the 5-min. or so sampler, but my understanding was that he had, like, hours of stuff. (I believe the U2 camp descended on YouTube, Stalin-like, and removed them from internet existence.)

Desert of Our Love and Rise Up we’re both on that. Only other thing I can remember from that was And You Didn’t Make Any Enemies.

Back
Top Bottom