Dream Stream?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tommycharles

War Child
So far, the three streaming shows we’ve had (E&I, Zoo TV Sydney, Elevation Slane Castle) have all been previously released shows. I realize that’s all we’re likely to get, but suspending disbelief for a moment, what’s the thing you’d most like to see?

In the realm of the impossible, I’d like Dublin RDS ‘93 in 4K. But that’s less likely than Bono singing the right words to Streets.

In the realm of the possible - I live in hope that a whole Sydney ‘89 show exists. The full show of either McNichols or Tempe ‘87 would also be pretty cool. More recently, it’d be nice to see the full Milan ‘05 gig, or some 360 show from 2011 (apart from Glastonbury, which they fucked up).

Something from the UF tour would be great. It’s the most under represented tour in terms of pho shot footage. Aside from the Dortmund 1984 show, which was a short show made even shorter for TV, there is practically nothing. Wonder if there’s something hiding in the vault? Unlikely I guess.

Something from the UF tour would be great. It’s the most under represented tour in terms of pho shot footage. Aside from the Dortmund 1984 show, which was a short show made even shorter for TV, there is practically nothing. Wonder if there’s something hiding in the vault? Unlikely I guess.

This would be cool, and I didn’t realize until just now that you’re right about the UF era re: video. The lack of video documentation from this time now fascinates me in the way that Animals-era Pink Floyd video is almost completely nonexistent (last I checked, anyway).

Curious how content was either lost or not created at all.

It's not what I want to see, it's that they need to be released on iTunes so I can add them to my library.

Ok, I lied. Give me the entire Vegas 1997 Pro Shot, fuck ups and all.

This would be cool, and I didn’t realize until just now that you’re right about the UF era re: video. The lack of video documentation from this time now fascinates me in the way that Animals-era Pink Floyd video is almost completely nonexistent (last I checked, anyway).

Curious how content was either lost or not created at all.

I suspect that they were still making good money from the UABRS video and saw no need to shoot anything from the UF tour.

I suspect that they were still making good money from the UABRS video and saw no need to shoot anything from the UF tour.

That’s a fair point.

My memory is hazy and I’m not going to try and find Pimm’s book, but wasn’t the UF tour either delayed because they had trouble learning the new songs, or maybe even had a few gigs postponed because of it? I seem to remember it had a rough start, which might have put filming at the back of their mind.

In 1984, filming for home release just wasn’t a given. U2 didn’t have the stature of 1987, had just released UABRS, and it probably never crossed their minds to shoot for a commercial release on the tour. Anything pro-shot is made for tv

Back
Top Bottom