Dont read if easily offended

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here, it doesn't matter to me what Bono does

I also do reckon the guy has some sort of private life
but it just seems to me that if Bono somewhat regularly did cocaine someone who'd figure that they could make some money out of that story would have leaked it by now
even if that notion does seem preposterous to you
:shrug:

The thread is funny and all, but talking about Bono's private life always makes me feel uncomfortable. I totally believe the band members have tried or taken drugs at some points of their carreer, but seriously, I do not believe Bono it taking any drugs now or that he needs it, because he has quite serious things in his life going on. In fact, I think he leads quite a conservative life, loves his family, works hard. Yes, boring, but that's what it is, I guess. If you're having the responsibility and if you're in the public eye like he is, drugs aren't especially helpful. I think Bono needs coffee and the occassional drink and he has a lot of adrenaline. He even said in many recent interviews that he doesn't drink much any more. There's not much rock'n'roll cliche here.

The thread is funny and all, but talking about Bono's private life always makes me feel uncomfortable.

Are you Bono?

Is Bono posting here right now?

Seriously, I bet you twennie that even if he were reading this, he probably wouldn't give much of a shit. I say this because I am Bono, of course.

Who cares, my "guess" given the nature of Bono's lifestyle some of it could be true or there could be some semblence of truth. I have heard "stories" about the unfaithfulness from people that were supposedly around him. Would it shock me if true? No. Would I agree with it? No. Do I agree with everything Bono says or does? No. Does it change the fact that I think he is a member of one of the greatest rock bands ever? No.

"Coke does not add to life. It might be a nice fizzy drink, but it does not add to life."
--Bono

Does anyone know where that quote comes from? I found it at some random quote site but have no idea if it's true since there was no source. :hmm:

"Coke does not add to life. It might be a nice fizzy drink, but it does not add to life."
--Bono

Does anyone know where that quote comes from? I found it at some random quote site but have no idea if it's true since there was no source. :hmm:

i bet thats from the PoP era, ive seen it before but i dont know exactly where its from.

Are you Bono?

I'm thinking yes. There's no doubt in my mind that Bono would speak in the third person online.

bono.jpg

Bono didn't have crabs....Bono was in the ocean, and had to adjust his trunks.

.....Bono is getting upset! :bonocrab:

I have it on good authority that Edge's love of science has taken a dark turn; those houses that he's building in Malibu are all going to be meth labs. :|

Um, actually yes in the day of the internet there is often smoke without fire, there are whole websites devoted to it... Should I be allowed to speculate on your life without any reason?

To be honest, I could care less. I don't agree with those that thinks he's an automatic saint and I don't agree with those that thinks he has some secret problem. You have no reason to think either way, so just stop... If I started speculating about some of you, oh the stories :lol:

There's always a reason why someone says something, no one is going to make something up for no reason. The internet is here so people can discuss what they want without fear of censure. The moment we start censoring what people post then that's the moment we will no longer be able to say anything, criticizing anyone, in particular politicians. If censoring does occur it's the politicians who will first want to take advantage of this, and we will no longer be allowed to post critical comments on Free Your Mind. People will be forbiden to state their dislike of anyone.

There's always a reason why someone says something, no one is going to make something up for no reason.

Generally speaking, there are people who will make stuff up on the internet simply to rile people up and/or cause controversy.

Last edited:
Generally speaking, there are people who will make stuff up on the internet simply to rile people up and/or cause controversy.

There are also people who will make stuff up in "real life" for the same effect...they get pleasure out of this....it's their niche.

Yep. I own alihewson.com and people e-mail me all the time to tell me that they or their wife or their exgirlfriend slept with Bono. They can't all be true, he hasn't been alive enough days for every claim to be possible, lol. It's mildly entertaining to read their stories.

As far as sex and drugs....1) As long as you aren't some sicko perv I don't care and 2) I don't wanna know.

Who said anything about being an addict?

I seem to remember something about cocaine from the Bono in Conversation book, or maybe another literary source regarding the other members of U2 and drug use, specifically cocaine. (Read, not abuse!)
There's a quote from Edge himself about eating some shrooms, falling asleep, waking up and recording what he called "the answer to the universe" only do discover that he had been speaking in the wrong end of the tape recorder.

I really don't see what's wrong with giving drugs a try if you're curious and do not have an addictive personality. It's quite obvious that the only one in the band who has that is Adam.
I'm fairly certain that the majority of bands out there have a cocaine habit to keep themselves running on tours and the like. They don't have to spiral out of control.

Anyway, I doubt any of them are into hard drugs now, having already past their youth. I wouldn't doubt for a second that they partake in a little mary jane now and then, but that's nowhere near cocaine.

I'll reserve my comments on the "cheating" bit. :shifty:

Umm...okay.

Though, cocaine is a highly addictive drug. No one sets out to be an addict. If you want to gamble with your life and think it can't happen to you. Good luck!

There's always a reason why someone says something, no one is going to make something up for no reason. The internet is here so people can discuss what they want without fear of censure. The moment we start censoring what people post then that's the moment we will no longer be able to say anything, criticizing anyone, in particular politicians. If censoring does occur it's the politicians who will first want to take advantage of this, and we will no longer be allowed to post critical comments on Free Your Mind. People will be forbiden to state their dislike of anyone.

I said nothing of censorship. Where did that come from?

Annie, you have far too much faith in strangers on the internet to not believe that people will just make up stuff.

Just in Interference alone we've had a person that posed as The Edge, we've had people lie about hearing the album before it leaked, we've had people lie about meeting members of the band, and that was just in here. You've posted stuff that you said you read on Google boards, stuff that I could prove was a complete lie. Did you hear about the Beyonce mixing board fraud last week? Yes people will just make up stuff.

Please, do not believe everything you read on the internet. By the way I'm the executor of a Nigerian prince who passed away and I've been trying to track you down for you are the only living relative of his left. If I can get your information I can wire you your inheritance. And if interested I can help you lose up to 30 pounds in one week without dieting.

i've tried coke maybe 3-4 times in my life and all i can say is if i snorted a line that big, i wouldn't be writing this post right now.

Back
Top Bottom