do you want edge to play more long solos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Pink Floyd weren't show offs in their musical ability"

-just ponderous

Who cares if edge plays more solo's, it's not like it will be something you havent heard note for note before

Also there is nothing at all special about mysterious ways solo from rotterdam zootv

Yes, I want Edge to play long solos just to shut up Alex Lifeson fans!!:drool:

Has it been asked yet. . .what's a long solo? I would have liked at least an extra 6 secs on GOYB at about the 1:18 point. On an album, I'd like a humble solo, LIVE, I'd like a little more. . .a la BTBS! :applaud:

did you ever watch the FOX Zoo TV special? during zoo station the "commentator" goes under the stage and gives a glimpse of the "underworld". he clearly points out dallas lending edge a hand during the performance. he also showed the keyboards that get played during certain songs. real good cover up by u2 on that one.

Yes I saw that. The FOX ZOO TV special was about a year after SPIN ran the story—the story that U2 wanted them not to publish. Not only did they publish it they wrote about how U2's management asked them to not print it. I used to have the magazine. After that point you are indeed correct they didn't hide it.

Yes I saw that. The FOX ZOO TV special was about a year after SPIN ran the story—the story that U2 wanted them not to publish. Not only did they publish it they wrote about how U2's management asked them to not print it. I used to have the magazine. After that point you are indeed correct they didn't hide it.

Exactly. If you watch any making of or documentary such as Classic Albums on VH1, you know they can't replicate everything they record verbatim on stage. Even so, listen to their music, it's beautifully produced, be happy they can make it happen. So what, they have extra hands!! They are not faking anything, they are playing what they can and who gives a shit about a helping hand or two!

i dont think longer is necessarily better. he should play more notes per second as opposed to the same 4 or 5 notes over and over again. id take 10 seconds of shredding over a minute of only a handful of notes played slowly. i think if edge did that it would create more of a wow factor than a long, boring same old same old solo, since hes never dont that except a couple times.

Yeah cactus annie, who do these guitarist think they are playing rock solos, in their rock bands, at rock shows. They think they're so cool, just shut up and let bono tell me he loves me, Oooh i think he glanced in my direction. Darn, I only have tickets to 12 more shows.

I take back the Alex Lifeson comment, I want to hear Edge play much longer solos just to shut BONO up. :drool::drool::drool:

I take back the Alex Lifeson comment, I want to hear Edge play much longer solos just to shut BONO up. :drool::drool::drool:

maybe then bono could do a long africa speech during the long solo, since he always has to make noise during a good edge solo.

Sure, I think The Edge is a awesome guitarist, able to draw a crowd to its feet. The idea of more solo playing is always a great idea for a guitarist especially when there is one electric guitarist in the band, each member needs the ability to show thier own stuff within the band as all of U2 do. :flirt:

Please check out my U2 Website. www.U2-wire.wetpaint.com be great to see you there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom