do you like stuck in a moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

do you like stuck in a moment.

• yes.

Votes: 142 77.2%
  • no.

Votes: 42 22.8%

• Total voters
:up: i don't see what the problem is with this song. must just be a popular one to hate, i guess.

Though I hate hate hate the cheesy American video of it. :yuck:

The EU version I do like a lot. :)

I don't get the problem with the song, though I'm still of the opinion we could do without the acoustic version. But I say that of every song u2 tries acoustic.

Hm, I think the thing I like most about this song would be Edge's falsetto.

I like it! It's just a good song, not great but it's very easy to listen to.

Though I hate hate hate the cheesy American video of it. :yuck:

The EU version I do like a lot. :)

I don't get the problem with the song, though I'm still of the opinion we could do without the acoustic version. But I say that of every song u2 tries acoustic.

Hm, I think the thing I like most about this song would be Edge's falsetto.

Agrre with you 100% on the acoustic songs.

I find it interesting that some people who dislike the album version enjoy other versions of the song. I think the song's worst quality is its lyrics (poor Michael Hutchence, having that drivel written about him), and unless U2 suddenly decide to bust out an instrumental Stuck, there is no escaping the lyrics no matter how the band play it.

I find it interesting that some people who dislike the album version enjoy other versions of the song. I think the song's worst quality is its lyrics (poor Michael Hutchence, having that drivel written about him), and unless U2 suddenly decide to bust out an instrumental Stuck, there is no escaping the lyrics no matter how the band play it.

i like the lyrics.

I remember hearing Stuck for the first time and thinking WTF...the chorus reminded me of a theme tune to an 80s-90s tv show........but...it quickly grew on me...and i really like the song. Love it live....as long as its not the boring, dull and uninspired acoustic version. when will u2 realise that every acoustic tune they do sounds the same, just the words change :down:

I don't mind the song, especially the acoustic version which I think suits the song much better than the overproduced too-busy album version. Hated it at first and then grew to like it. Now I'm kinda meh towards it. But I still voted yes because I do like it somewhat. It's just not my favorite side of U2... such direct songwriting that is.

It's funny..I really don't hate any U2 song.

This is true for me as well even though I like certain songs from ATYCLB and Bomb the least in their whole discography.

Not even Red Light? :sad:

Red Light is better than Stuck. Trumpet solo FTW!

I've always liked this song...I love how Bono sings "you are such a fool" - awesome :up:

the "lets compete with britney" song?
lets see :hmm:

I don't get that at all...

I like the song, I don't love nor can I loathe it(but I do loathe the NFL video), but I really do love about 2:44 on...

What interesting, I remember this little gem when the album came out:

"I'm interested in bands as beasts," O'Brien says. "I'm interested in U2 and the Rolling Stones and Neil Young & Crazy Horse. I love the dynamic of musicians working together and all the voodoo shit that comes with it. It's a complicated thing to do over the expanse of time, which is why I respect U2 so much. Don't get me wrong--I adore the Stones, but they haven't made a good record since 1972. Exile on Main Street was the last great Stones album. But U2 have been at it for 20 years, and that song 'Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of' was amazing. And that's after 20 years. That's when the Stones were making Still Life."

Fitter Happier: Radiohead Return | Spin Magazine Online

Jonny mentioned that song in an interview right about the same time too, but I can't find the quote... but something like one of the best they've done in a long time.

I disagree. I think the cheesy-ass synthesized horns and sterile production is far more damaging to the album version than the lyrics, which aren't awful, merely cloying. The acoustic arrangement is far more pleasing and suitable.

yes gg, i think edge's falsetto is the best part. interesting to see that yes is thrashing no in the poll however.

i just love the lyrics, personally. when i was in a huge rut a few years ago, stuck's simple, straightforward lyrics, and the rest of attyclub and the slane dvd really pulled me out of it.

it's just a moment, this time will pass

brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom