Do you know anyone who knows Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
If you would have asked me this a few years ago I'd have said "Pfft, I don't think so" -- but lately I've become friends with a fellow musician who is friends with Bono, and I've heard some stories (completely amazing)

Anyone have a similar friendship/acquaintanceship?

theu2fly said:
If you would have asked me this a few years ago I'd have said "Pfft, I don't think so" -- but lately I've become friends with a fellow musician who is friends with Bono, and I've heard some stories (completely amazing)

Anyone have a similar friendship/acquaintanceship?

What stories?

What stories?

I was just about to ask that :lol:

Give us some hints :wink:

And yes, I know someone working for a charity who has dealt with Bono several times, had dinner with him, was backstage at U2 shows and so on. But I'm not friends or anything with that guy, just know him more or less and don't know very much about his relationship with Bono, except that he knows which kind of wine Bono prefers with dinner :D

One of my mum's cousins knew Ali quite well when they growing up, but that's never got me an "in" with the Hewson's.. :tsk:

I know a few accountants that would have met U2 a few times in the early years. Only story that occurs to me is that one of these guys mentioned to me in passing that even back then, people close to U2 were super-confident that this band was the real deal and was going to be really big.

I once attended a funeral that the Edge also attended.

Erhm, that's all I got I'm afraid.

A janitor at my high school was rumored to have been a roadie during one of the UF tours.

Supposedly Edge was smart and quiet, Adam was kind of a loner and not friendly, Larry was young, an Bono was wide-eyed and would talk to anyone, anywhere.

Another person I've worked with claimed to have hung out with Bono and Edge in the mid-1990s in France when he was an apprentice with a well-known photographer. Said Bono was full of himself but Edge was fascinating and smart.

And that's all I've got.

Back
Top Bottom