Dierks Bentley covers U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chadmac81

The Fly
On country star Dierks Bentley's new album, "Up On The Ridge," he covers "Pride (In the Name of Love." It's more of a blue grass version than country. I wish I could post a sample for you guys but it's not on youtube other than a crappy live version.

One of my friends just asked me if I've heard this. Is there a link?

Did you like it? Sounds like it would be hideous combination. Blue grass and Pride?

:hmm:

:shh: Although it pains me to say so, this may not be as hideous as you think. I've got a instrumental CD - "Picking on U2 - A Bluegrass Tribute" with Pride on it & strange as it may seem, it's really good (it's one of my favorite CDs for relaxing). It took some getting used to, but now I actually think that most of the tracks work amazingly well as bluegrass. Here's a link to some snippets: Amazon.com: Pickin' on U2: Pickin' on U2: Music

We all know, though, that a crap vocal can ruin the most beautiful song ever written. I don't follow country music, so I can't offer an opinion on Dierks Bentley or his voice. I just hope he hasn't created an abomination. :no:

Back
Top Bottom