Did Bono really say this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quite abstract and difficult to judge. Either way, not something he could do by himself.

How did he change the way people thought about the world?

Again, we are comparing this to Bono's concrete results, as attested to by the people who actually control where the money goes for causes like debt relief, AIDS treatment/prevention, education, water treatment, etc. Bono's successful philanthropic ventures as well.

What did Lennon do personally, besides drugs?

It seems to me that people give Lennon the credit that maybe MLK and RFK deserve more of. But thats just me.

No doubt the Beatles had more cultural impact, never argued that.

As for musical impact, its a tough one. The Beatles influenced a ton of artists, U2 included for sure, but U2 has in turn influenced countless artists as well. I think time will tell on this one.

Ok to respectfully disagree, and again, I'll quote myself:

I don't disagree, but I think a lot of people underestimate how big an influence the Beatles and Lennon's solo material have been on U2, particularly Bono. There are just so many u2 tracks and lyrics and ideas that are heavily influenced by the Beatles. I only really discovered this in recent years when I finally got around to listening to the Beatles' back catalogue, having been previously only familar with the bigger hits (For example, Mofo was basically a rewriting of Lennon's Mother - that's an obvious example that springs to mind, but there are many others.) Plus the fact that Lennon died at 40, and may have done a lot more in the way of political activism had he lived, and Bono is on record as saying Lennon wrote the rulebook for an artist that wants to get involved in political campaigning.

Now, personally, I'd rather lesson to Pop than pretty much any Beatles record with the possible exception of Abbey Road, but give the man his due.

ew-3c-1.gif

whats not complicated is the fact you are very full of garbage and I spent too much time falling for it.Bad karma will catch up with you one day.

Have 'nt you ever heard the song that starts with It was no accident me finding you?It was no accident because randomness doesnt exist so into your hands iit all fell and seems to have disintegrated So why do I still follow the streetprophet?Too incoherent or not?

It is in my nature to say what Im thinking so dont get ticked off but why would I like any of your lines when they are none of mine and that was my reason for being.In the next half of life maybe I should be dishonest pretensious and take advantage of people....maybe that = results

The issue is that you are not making a lot of sense in many of your posts.

I'm assuming it's because English isn't your first language?

Still better than Mary J. Blige butchering "One" and that was with U2's consent.

I don't like Creed, but it kinda sounds like Bono nowadays if he tried extra hard to sound ultra cool. It's very similar to his singing style.

Back
Top Bottom