Danny's Official New-Tour-in-Waiting thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
So as we countdown the new album I thought it could be time to make up a thread like this. It'll take away from some of the more banal topics we speak about at times.

So treat this thread as if it were the General Tour Discussions Forum. I know we don't have a name (annihilation?), or anything, yet, but we can still talk.

Discuss what you're looking forward to, stage design, tour dates, tour venues, how many shows you'll go to, how you'll get the money, your memories from the Vertigo tour, the awesome U2 Vertigo Tour - U2 tour news, pictures, reviews, axver's very own, what songs you'd love to hear, setlist parties, people you met, stories, just everything that makes U2 touring and chatting about it here great.

Hopefully this can be the place to chat about the tour we don't have while we wait for the sacred tour forum to reopen.

The only thing I'd ask is let's not turn this into one of those "they-shouldn't-play-pride-sbs-or-bullet-threads", please, because let's be honest, we've had millions of those and the arguments are old.

Pompous of me to use my own name? :wink: Probably. Let's get chatting.

Danny, don't you know that the album isn't coming out until 7009? This thread is a little early.

Anyway, either they play Zooropa, or they'll have to pay me to go. :tsk:

Danny, don't you know that the album isn't coming out until 7009? This thread is a little early.

Anyway, either they play Zooropa, or they'll have to pay me to go. :tsk:

Bugger. I knew I should have overreacted. :rant:

Surely they'd have the skillz to play it now?

I'd love Running to Stand Still :love:

Like probably everyone else on this site, I can't wait for the tour/tour dates to be announced. It will be an exciting time for sure.

I have only been to one U2 show, and it was the May 12th, 2005 show at the United Center in Chicago. One of my favorite concert experiences easily, but I look forward to improving my U2 concert history with this next go-round.

My plan is to attend every Chicago concert at the very least. And, if possible, I will venture to other nearby venues (St. Louis, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, etc.)

Also, I'll be damned if I don't get GA tickets to all the concerts. The one show I went to I was in the upper deck of the United Center and I know it would have been even more amazing had I been in GA.

Bring that shit.

Oh, and I'm not picky with setlists and stuff. As long as I get U2 for 2 hours + I will be happy.

Bugger. I knew I should have overreacted. :rant:

Surely they'd have the skillz to play it now?

I'd love Running to Stand Still :love:

Have you been to a U2 show yet? They came your way in '06, but I can't remember if you found your way to a show or not.

Running To Stand Still was amazing when I saw them, but the crowd talked all the way through it. Terrible. One thing I want to see is more early material. Bono's voice sounded so great on An Cat Dubh, Electric Co, Out Of Control, Gloria, etc. during the Vertigo tour, and I assume his voice has only gotten stronger. I personally wouldn't count UF as the early days, but if they can fit A Sort Of Homecoming and The Unforgettable Fire in there, I would shed a tear of happiness.

I personally wouldn't count UF as the early days, but if they can fit A Sort Of Homecoming and The Unforgettable Fire in there, I would shed a tear of happiness.

Don't even speak this way. I would explode and implode at the same time if I heard ASOH, and, frankly, hearing UF might do the trick, too.

I'm going to see if I can follow them round Australia. Depends on how long I'll've been working by then, but assuming I've got a fair wad of cash saved up, I'll see as many shows as I can.

Have you been to a U2 show yet? They came
your way in '06, but I can't remember if you found your way to a show or not.

Running To Stand Still was amazing when I saw them, but the crowd talked all the way through it. Terrible. One thing I want to see is more early material. Bono's voice sounded so great on An Cat Dubh, Electric Co, Out Of Control, Gloria, etc. during the Vertigo tour, and I assume his voice has only gotten stronger. I personally wouldn't count UF as the early days, but if they can fit A Sort Of Homecoming and The Unforgettable Fire in there, I would shed a tear of happiness.

Yeah, I went to Melbourne I, 18th November 2006. Still stands as the best night of my life so far (sad as that may sound). Here's my review for those interested, written, as you can tell, when I was still on a high. http://forum.interference.com/f278/melbourne-i-the-greatest-night-of-my-life-168970.html

I think every single person on this forum wants them to play A Sort of Homecoming. Not sure about NSW's opinion on that though.

Tell you what though, no I Will Follow wouldn't depress me much at all. And let's hope they keep The Saints are Coming dead and buried (that rhymes :tongue: )

He would prefer LEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHMAAAAAAAAUUUUUUNNNNNNNN

:laugh: :laugh:

Quick question on this, though it detracts from the jocular nature of your post.

Is the reason Lemon wasn't as awesome as it could have been on Zoo the same reason why The Who were never able to play Quadrophenia as well as they'd've liked? That they have to play 'within' the song, to say?

I want the following played, and I'd be extremely happy if any one of these would be played just once throughout the entire tour:

A Sort Of Homecoming
The Unforgettable FIRE
In God's Country
Heartland
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness (w/ ZooTV solo)
Red Hill Mining Town
Mercy
Ultraviolet
When I Look at the World
Zooropa
Hawkmoon 269

Although if they play any of these and it kicks ass then they'll probably play them multiple times...songs like One Tree Hill, Bad, Wild Horses, UTEOTW, etc...will probably all be played as normal anyway, so I didn't include them...but these are the rare ones that I'm reeeeally hoping they play...

i'm gonna try to go to as many shows as possible. realistically, it'll be 1-3. I'm hoping for at least three. I hope they hit up Indy, but if not it's Chitown for me, and Cincinnati or Cleveland. I'll see about anywhere within a day's drive.

I'm doin GA for all the shows fo' sho'. I had my first GA experience last tour at Cleveland and it was amazinggg. tied with Muse and Rage for the best show I've ever rocked out at

What songs do I wanna hear? Something from Pop. C'mon boys. DO IT

My pre-album tour predictions:

I think HMTMKMKM makes a return.

Maybe a return of The Unforgettable Fire.

Fast Cars on a couple dates.

Wave of Sorrow as part of a second encore on multiple dates.

Miss Sarajevo for a leg or two.

Pride, Sunday Bloody Sunday, With Or Without You, One and Bullet The Blue Sky will be played on almost every date.

I have a strange feeling that Zooropa or Daddy's Gonna Pay with make an appearence on tour.

Full band Wild Horses and maybe Acrobat.

Of course these are all just feelings and speculation. :wink:

The following is a pool of songs that should all be brought back to the stage(or in some cases, brought to the stage for the first time).

Drowning Man
A Sort Of Homecoming
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Indian Summer Sky
Exit
Even Better Than The Real Thing
So Cruel
Ultraviolet(Light My Way)
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness
Zooropa
Numb
Lemon
Stay(Faraway, So Close)
Dirty Day
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Discotheque
Mofo
Staring At The Sun
Last Night On Earth
Gone
Please
Stuck In A Moment
Kite
In A Little While
Wild Honey
When I Look At The World
New York
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Fast Cars
A Man And A Woman

i'm gonna try to go to as many shows as possible. realistically, it'll be 1-3. I'm hoping for at least three. I hope they hit up Indy, but if not it's Chitown for me, and Cincinnati or Cleveland. I'll see about anywhere within a day's drive.

I'm doin GA for all the shows fo' sho'. I had my first GA experience last tour at Cleveland and it was amazinggg. tied with Muse and Rage for the best show I've ever rocked out at

What songs do I wanna hear? Something from Pop. C'mon boys. DO IT

I'm doing GA for the first shows I go to, and if I don't like it then I might go back to seats.

Ohhhh man a Rage concert would been fucking insane?!?! Were you in the mosh?

Gone. Please?

Back
Top Bottom