Damn I miss this awesome song.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silkensky

War Child
Shame it was never a single and double shame we'll probably never hear it live again. NLOTH, I love you. I want more like this from them. Sure hope it makes the cut for U22.

BTW, anyone know what Bono's shout out at the beginning refers to? Alebubba? Something Fez related? He does this almost every performance of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5onaQGkkNE

I love this song and I am very grateful that I got to see it in Vegas, because I don't know if they will play it again. That is a shame though, because it is so good live!

I love this song and I am very grateful that I got to see it in Vegas, because I don't know if they will play it again. That is a shame though, because it is so good live!

I agree! Vegas was a great show, wasn't it? :hyper:

This song is incredible. Wish it, along with Breathe, had stayed in the sets longer.

TheEdge25 said:
This song is incredible. Wish it, along with Breathe, had stayed in the sets longer.
This. No Line and Breathe are my 2 favorite songs on the album. Though I don't necessarily like Breathe as an opener, it sure was a great live track, and didn't deserve the early boot.

It will be a real shame if this doesn't make U22. My favorite live track from NLOTH and I was very disappointed when it got dropped from the set.

I fell in love with NLOTH 2. But I think I saw a rough cut in the studio where Bono encouraged Adam to play the root note bassline instead? :angry:

Anyway, yeah, glad at least a live version of NLOTH is preserved on the ROse Bowl DVD.

Definitely one of the best. :heart: Sad it disappeared, but glad I did get to see it a couple times live (yes Vegas was such a great show!), and so happy we have the Rose Bowl DVD which is a good example of early 360 when it was more of a NLOTH tour.

Bono mentioned in Q that the mid-tempo numbers got dropped because they don't rock the stadium. Same with Unknown Caller. To mid-tempo.

IMO, both songs can't be compared. While Unknown Caller didn't really take off live, NLOTH was a great live track with a lot of energy. I liked it better live than on the album, though I still like the album version very much. Live it had a lot of energy. I never understood why they dropped it. There was a little comeback when they decided to play the song in Helsinki in 2010, but it was a semi-accoustic version - intresting, but didn't do the song justice. The dropping of the NLOTH songs is sad and shows, how underappreciated the album is by both audience and band.

Great song, though maybe should have featured later on in the album as FEZ was probably a better album opener.
I love the version from the BBC special on NLOTH (album).
I listened to the album last night for the first time in ages, it has moments of sheer brilliance and NLOTH(song) is one of them.

Interesting how they persevered with MOS right to the end, whereas NLOTH got the chop. Makes you wonder how they come to their decisions as neither song really brought the house down. :hmm:

I wonder if it pushed Bono's voice too much to continue night after night.

Still get chills every time I listen to the Amsterdam II bootleg. To hear an entire stadium of 60k people shout along "I KNOW A GIIIIIIRL" was fucking magic. Loved NLOTH live. Such a shame they stopped playing it, same with Breathe. Might've not been a brilliant opener, but it was a good livesong.

Interesting how they persevered with MOS right to the end, whereas NLOTH got the chop. Makes you wonder how they come to their decisions as neither song really brought the house down. :hmm:
They seem to absolutely love MOS, and rightfully so.

I always felt like they should have opened the shows with Fez playing over the PA with all the lights off. Then when the first chords of Being Born are played, all the lights blast on to show the band on stage. That would have been so cool.

Follow that with No Line On The Horizon, Get On Your Boots, and Magnificent and you'd have a killer opening quartet.

I also have always been a firm believer that Breathe should have closed out the main set rather than Walk On. Do Crazy Tonight > Sunday Bloody Sunday > Walk On > MLK/Scarlet > Breathe

:drool:

I loved Breathe as an opener. That rolling drum beat was so full of anticipation for the show. I was pretty much gutted that they didn't see fit to open the 360 DVD with it.

Back
Top Bottom