Damn I miss this awesome song.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah we got it at the Rose Bowl too, but they didn't keep it on the DVD as the opener. :(
That's one thing I really don't get. It's a bold choice for an opener; if they're confident enough to open shows with Breathe, why don't they put it on the DVD? But hey, at least it's not totally omitted. :up:

I don't think it's a bad opener, but I do think there's a couple other songs that could work. Perhaps Magnificent could've worked could, as long as they tweaked it a bit, or even Boots. It just seems strange to have a 6/8 song open the show, and a stadium show at that.

Oh well, it's in the past now.

I always felt like they should have opened the shows with Fez playing over the PA with all the lights off. Then when the first chords of Being Born are played, all the lights blast on to show the band on stage. That would have been so cool.

Follow that with No Line On The Horizon, Get On Your Boots, and Magnificent and you'd have a killer opening quartet.

I also have always been a firm believer that Breathe should have closed out the main set rather than Walk On. Do Crazy Tonight > Sunday Bloody Sunday > Walk On > MLK/Scarlet > Breathe

:drool:

This would have been incredible!

NLOTH would have been a very good way to start the show.

MOS is a difficult one because I don't think it works as a closer to the show, but I can't see where else it wuld have fitted. U2 tours have generally always had great closing songs, I don't think MOS was one of them.

whilst I wouldn't trade the fantastic shows I was lucky enough to see in Sydney last tour, I'll admit to being a little disappointed that I didn't hear NLOTH and Breathe live as they were absolute highlights of the album (for me) and the set lists that I followed through the european and us legs of the tour . . . ah well, thank heaven for bootlegs eh? :)

Should of been the first single from the album.shows a different sound and direction instead they went down the vertigo part 2 route!

I'd just like to give my thanks to Lady With The Spinning Head. Without that mother of awesomeness, we wouldn't have her awesome offspring like The Fly, Ultraviolet, actually a good chunk of Achtung Baby for that matter, and of course this song, one of the best things from the last record. Hope they return to this one someday!

I'd just like to give my thanks to Lady With The Spinning Head. Without that mother of awesomeness, we wouldn't have her awesome offspring like The Fly, Ultraviolet, actually a good chunk of Achtung Baby for that matter, and of course this song, one of the best things from the last record. Hope they return to this one someday!

I never heard that connection until you pointed it out! :applaud: interesting how bits and pieces like this that show up in other songs, especially many years later like this one. Very cool-thanks!

Back
Top Bottom