Crumbs From Your Table = AWESOME

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same here. Also The Edge's guitar riff sounds a bit like "Walk On". Would anyone become converted into a U2 fan by the songs they're doing nowadays? Really? Compared to "The Fly" or "One", which made me a U2 fan long ago? This newer stuff is pretty dull. Though I also admire the lyrical intention of the song, the lyrics themselves are awkward and pretty lousy.

"Fast Cars" was lyrically the best song from those sessions.

Beautiful Day converted me to U2. :wink: :up:

Beautiful Day converted me to U2. :wink: :up:

That's pretty cool.There's a very strong argument for Beautiful Day being the most important U2 song of their career. :up:

Oddly enough, the first U2 song I can remember hearing is "Hallelujah Here She Comes," and I still love it to this day....and I think of that song as the song that drew me to U2. I find it really interesting and fun to think about how I viewed certain U2 songs such as this, and U2 in general in my head when I was a casual fan at best...To compare my past perceptions (which I can quite clearly recall if I try) to my current perceptions of these songs is one of the coolest things about being a fan for an extended period of time (maybe not even a fan at one point, but simply someone who listened to U2 occasionally). I have a fairly distinct idea of exactly how I thought about some U2 songs and U2 as a band...the thoughts that were triggered by these songs, for example, and it's interesting comparing them to my current views of these songs, now that I'm an obsessive U2 fan, registering to a message board, buying everything they release, watching every interview I can find, etc. I wonder if I'm alone here :hmm: , probably not haha.

Anyway, excuse the tangent. :)

Muldfeld, can you still seriously consider this question?

Would anyone become converted into a U2 fan by the songs they're doing nowadays? Really?

Crumbs is a pretty damn good song... :hyper:

I'm probably one of the only ones on here who likes Stuck and Walk On. :wink:

^ Yes, finally some recognition for ATYCLB! I liked it! Very good album. :up:

Agreed on ATYCLB here too. I like every song on it a lot, except for Grace for some reason. I listened to the entire album today just while looking for a parking place before work today. (Yes it took me an hour to find parking :angry: ) But it definitely made the experience much more pleasant, I almost didn't mind :) )

I think more than anything else, ATYCLB is simply a nice cohesive album...and that aspect alone just makes it a great listen. :up:

The songs that I especially enjoyed apart from the 4 singles were When I Look At The World, New York, Kite and surprisingly, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, I really like TGBHF, I wish it could go for longer :wink: I'm not sure if anyone else here likes it too. :huh:

The songs that I especially enjoyed apart from the 4 singles were When I Look At The World, New York, Kite and surprisingly, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, I really like TGBHF, I wish it could go for longer :wink: I'm not sure if anyone else here likes it too. :huh:

TGBHF? Are you kidding me? That song is very good, and I think it's fairly popular here...:hmm:

...maybe not, but that's my perception so far...

^Right. Some of the people here who don't like ATYCLB much at all do like that song, or think it's the best of the album.

TGBHF? Are you kidding me? That song is very good, and I think it's fairly popular here...:hmm:

...maybe not, but that's my perception so far...

Hm, I haven't really heard it being mentioned on here, or maybe I wasn't paying attention. :hmm:

Great song anyways. :up:

Back
Top Bottom