Cosmo's Thoughts-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CosmoKramer

Rock n' Roll Doggie
What do I think:

Do you feel loved is the best song on PoP
Magnificent is the best U2 song since One
Ill go Crazy if I dont go Crazy Tonight is a very good song
Where the Streets Have No Name is the best live song EVER
Unlike a lot of U2 fans, I dont hate Coldplay and I want them to be successful (they wont ever come close to U2 but better them than some shit act out there)
The Rolling Stones suck, Im sorry
I respect what the Beatles did and they are the "biggest band ever" according to almost everyone, but I dont like them!
With or Without you hasn't been played well live since 1992 (if you wanted to tell me Lovetown instead, I wont argue).
U2 is the greatest live act EVER
Heath Ledger was a much better Joker than Jack Nicholson :applaud:
"Bubble gum Pop" sucks (e.g. Jonas Brothers, Lady Gaga (yeah she fits in here), Miley Cirus, Backstreet boys, Spice Girls, ect...
I like Nickleback...I just do and I cant explain it, so leave it alone. :doh:
I like the song Power of Love by Huey Lewis and news :doh:
No line on the Horizon is better than Atomic Bomb
Anyone who says "U2 should have stopped making music after the Joshua Tree" should go fuck themselves :wave:

Im done for now, but will add on later. Feel free to add to the list......

Unlike a lot of U2 fans, I dont hate Coldplay and I want them to be successful (they wont ever come close to U2 but better them than some shit act out there)

With or Without you hasn't been played well live since 1992 (if you wanted to tell me Lovetown instead, I wont argue).

With the exception of these three i totally agree with you (yes i too like the power of love :reject:)

I agree with everything ..except I don't like Nickleback...:|
And I like The Spice Girls I'm sorry:shifty:
:D

Let's do a yes/no, cause I'm bored... :hmm:

No.

No.

Yes, to say the least.

No, but it's not so far from that position.

Yes... and :up::up: to you for this.

No.

I respect what the Beatles did and they are the "biggest band ever" according to almost everyone, but I dont like them!

No, cause there's a few stuff they did which I like. A few, not a lot.

No.

YES!! YES!! YES!! And by a freakin' thousand light years.

YES!

"Bubble gum Pop" sucks (e.g. Jonas Brothers, Lady Gaga (yeah she fits in here), Miley Cirus, Backstreet boys, Spice Girls, ect...

Agree except about Lady Gaga, I think she's a great artist.

Yeah, let's just all forget you said this. :wink:

No idea which song is this.

Yes.

Anyone who says "U2 should have stopped making music after the Joshua Tree" should go fuck themselves :wave:

YES!! (With emphasis and an additional 'fuck you' to whoever disagree.)

Huey Lewis :no:

That smiley should never be used when discussing Huey Lewis. :(

:heart: Huey :heart:

We really should focus more on the U2-related thoughts pertaining to this post though, since this is EYKIW.

I share the OP's "Magnificent" love...:love:

i came here to do 2 things:

1. chew bubblegum
2. kick some ass

and i'm all out of bubblegum!

Not quite, I feel that title belongs to Please.

No, I think there are many songs better than One.

True, it is a nice tune.

It's one of the best. :up:

Yes, I too ... like Coldplay. More of a love/hate relationship though. :wink:

Eh, never really liked them at all. :shrug:

Nah, they were good. But not as good in my opinion as some others would think.

Meh.

No doubt about it. :up: :up: :up:

Heath Ledger was a much better Joker than Jack Nicholson
applaud.gif

There is no comparison.

I agree completely. Ugh ... :doh:

I like Nickleback...I just do and I cant explain it, so leave it alone.
facepalm.gif

Oh dear.

:wink:

I like the song Power of Love by Huey Lewis and news
facepalm.gif

Never heard of it.

Yep.

It is not technically possible but I agree.

"The Rolling Stones suck, I'm sorry"

IMO, they really suck now. They've become a joke now, Rehashing their old sound
into new songs.

Huey Lewis....Supposedly "and The News" was Elvis Costello's backup band on his "My Aim Is True" album.

"I respect what the Beatles did and they are the "biggest band ever" according to almost everyone, but I dont like them!"

I am still a huge Beatles fan. They were the first band to get me interesting in rock music. I still listen to them.

"U2 is the greatest live act EVER "

Yep. I agree. Even on off nights, U2 pull off great shows!

"Do you feel loved is the best song on PoP "

One of the best. I love the entire album, even though U2 aren't happy with it.

That'd be Gone, but DYFL is certainly up there, probably my second fave on the album. Very underrated and a shame they didn't play it much live.

Nah, U2 has had many great songs since One. One is very underrated here, but perhaps overrated by the public?

Yep, not the best on the album but still great

I'd say so

I don't hate Coldplay either. They can be kind of annoying sometimes but they have some brilliant music. I don't love Viva La Vida though...sounds like they were trying too hard.

Never been a fan, wouldn't say they suck though, they're just not my kind of music

i like the beatles

I think it has been played well, but not AS well.

:up:

Of course.

I used to love BSB and NSYNC (when I was a kid) and I suppose I still have a soft spot in my heart for those songs even though I never listen to them/do not own them anymore. But yeah, it's all predictable drivel, really, nowadays at least. All sounds the same. How boring.

That's brave of you to confess. I, personally, do not like Nickleback.

Don't know it.

Definitely. and I don't hate the Bomb - I think it's a solid album. But NLOTH blows it away.

People say that?

I should make a thread like this. If I made a thread about my thoughts would you all reply to it?? WOULD YOU?!

"The Rolling Stones suck."

Anyone who shouts that statement from his/her computer CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be taken seriously. It is such a blank statement that it simply cannot be taken seriously. You can "hate" the Stones now and you can "hate" certain songs and "eras" but with the bands hundreds of songs there are some truly amazing tunes. But again, this coming from someone who likes Nickleback???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hey, take it easy. Everyone's has the right to have an opinion.

I think Gone is the best song, DYFL is good but not great IMO.

Nah, One isn't even the best song on AB.

I'm not a huge fan of the middle three songs on NLOTH but Crazy Tonight is probably the best of them.

I always felt that once the song's intro and those amazing opening chords are over, the rest is a bit of a letdown. And though I've listened to countless live versions, it's IMO one of those U2 songs that always sound strangely hollow live.

Yeah, agreed.

Can't agree with you there.

See above.

I don't really like any of the live versions I've heard, pre- or post- 1992.

Well, one of the greatest at the least.

Never watched the first Batman.

Most of it sucks, but I quite like Lady Gaga and Spice Girls.

They're in my bad books for that "pants around your feet" song alone :down:

It's an ok song I guess.

No line on the Horizon is better than Atomic Bomb:

Yep.

Wouldn't it be a bit uncomfortable? :)

There's a difference between the right to have an opinion and the right to like Nickelback.

I told you in my 1st post, I dont know why but I just do. I dont like it either but when I hear one of their songs, they get stuck in my head.

As for the Stones, they end up on every "top 5 bands of all time" list and I just dont see it. I know what you are going to say "then who are the top 5 bands of all time".....well, maybe Ill post that when I want to share more thoughts but Ill give you a hint: U2 is #1 and Nickleback is not on it (I like them, but I acknowledge what they are...or more importantly are not).

One more thought I forgot to post to open the thread: Coolest Band member is Adam, no questions asked!

At the end of the day, there's a place for bubble gum pop

:yes:

And that place is in my heart*.

*only for very worthy bubblegum pop, usually of the upbeat variety. There is very little space in my heart for ballads.

I actually find bubblegum pop one of the least offensive genres whored out on radio nowadays. It's uncool, sure, but it's relatively easy on the ears, and seldom as degrading as most of the hip-hop on the airwaves. Would I sit around all day and listen to it? Probably not. But it's a fun distraction for 3.5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom