CONGRATULATIONS! You are smart!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, that's a misinterpretation of the results. :sexywink:

What the results say is that students who listed The Killers as one of their main artists they follow scored better on the SAT test, than those who listed Pink Floyd.

It does NOT say that one has to be smarter to like The Killers more.

How to interpret that? Many guesses, but none may be accurate.

If a higher score on the SAT is equivalent to higher intelligence, then generally more intelligent students like The Killers. But I debate that hypothesis.

Bottom line, it's an interesting study and there may be some correlation with intelligence and certain genres of music, but it's not defined.

Keep in mind that U2 exists in part because Bono kept failing his Gaelic exam and couldn't get into college. His inability to get into college may label him as "less intelligent". Yet, not only is U2 one of the most influential bands in the world, they are one of the biggest. Furthermore, Bono has met with world leaders numerous times and has been nominated for several Nobel Peace Prizes. Ergo, doing well on a standardized test is hardly qualification for intelligence.

O.K., I'm done. :yes:

But does being an influential and the biggest band, being nominated for A Nobel Price or meeting world leaders qualify you as intelligent? And being liked by 'intelligent people' also doesn't make you intelligent...then I would consider a standardized test as a better measurement. However I still agree that that's subjective. How do you define intelligence? Anyway, it's a funny research, but not very scientific of couse.

Funny though how popular U2 still is. In spite of having disappointing album sales (those students download), they are highly popular among students.

Nickelback above Lil Wayne?

Nonsense. :down:

That's because white people listen to Nickelback. That list has more to do with what Pitchfork described as the SAT being woefully Eurocentric than it does about music choices & intelligence.

That's because white people listen to Nickelback. That list has more to do with what Pitchfork described as the SAT being woefully Eurocentric than it does about music choices & intelligence.

How can I use the "white people listen to Nickelback"remark as a signature? I think it is hilariously funny :wink:

Back
Top Bottom