Congratulate Me On My 200th U2/U2-Related CD, Won't You?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aw man, i read it wrong. hhahahah wow.
new day is actually pretty good toom, but i still say new year's day makes a mean ring tone ;]

i also didnt know that R&H was already releasd in blu ray/hd dvd.

tuwie said:
i also didnt know that R&H was already releasd in blu ray/hd dvd.

It was actually released in 2006, as part of Paramount Home Video's first wave of Blu-ray titles; a year later, they went HD-DVD exclusive (bet they're kicking themselves for that bone-headed decision now) and pulled RATTLE AND HUM (and every other Blu-ray title they'd made) from shelves. However, Amazon still retained copies, and didn't even jack up the selling price. You can still buy one there today, but hardly anywhere else.

Oh, and sue4u2, I'm close to computer illiterate, so I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to help people access my library online. I will, however, try to get around to waynetravis's recommendation that I post pictures of it all sooner rather than later...

tuwie said:
wait...is HD DVD or Blu Ray better?

Hmm, you're opening quite a can of subjective worms there, with zealot camps parked out on both sides. I'll give you this much--though they are both capable of rendering identical image and audio quality, Blu-ray discs offer 20 more GBs per disc (and, supposedly in the very near future, with advances in layering, perhaps 70 GBs more) than HD-DVD, and has a whopping 70% of Hollywood studios exclusively supporting it, so HD-DVD's days are sorely numbered. I'd be stunned if it survives to see next Christmas--there's a reason Toshiba just slashed all of its HD-DVD player prices in half, folks. In regards to RATTLE AND HUM specifially, though, my understanding is that the Blu-ray and HD-DVD discs are identical; one online review I read gives an ever so slight nod to the Blu-ray over the HD-DVD on image quality, but the site notes it's a minimal increase.

morgan1098, after taking another close look at the ROBBIE ROBERTSON/STORYVILLE expanded release for you, I have some slightly bad news: the original cover art is featured within, but only as tiny 2" x 2 " inset photos. Still a handsome package--the audio's where it's at!--and a nice booklet in every other way.

Thanks for the update, God Part II. I'm glad they at least paid tribute to the original album covers, as I thought both of them were pretty cool and definitely better than the new silver/grey cover. All in all it sounds like a great set and I can't wait until my copy arrives!

Hello again, all! It's been about three months since I've last posted--busy end to 2008--but in the interim, I've managed to photograph my entire collection (save for my U2 and U2-related DVDs, which I should have ready in a couple of days), which has grown to 212 CDs since I created this thread. Though I've owned these CDs for some time now, the original list was inexplicably missing:

Goldenthal, Elliot, w/Various, Including Passengers Heat--Music From the Motion Picture
Various, With U2 Instant Karma: Save Darfur

Here are the additions since I last posted my list:

Jones, Tom, With U2's Bono and The Edge 24 Hours
Lanois, Daniel, w/U2's Adam Clayton & Larry Mullen , Jr. Acadie [Goldtop Edition]
Underworld, With U2's Larry Mullen, Jr. Boy, Boy, Boy [Japanese Import Maxi-Single]
U2: 1977-1984--Limited Edition Collector's Box Set (Includes the Deluxe Editions of BOY, OCTOBER, WAR and UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY)
U2, The Dubliners, Kila, A Band of Bowsies The Ballad of Ronnie Drew [UK Import Single]
Various, With U2 RTE's The Late Late Show Tribute to the Dubliners
Various, With U2's Bono ¡Ni Un Paso Atras!
Williams, Saul (Samples U2) The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust!

So, without further ado, here are the pictures of my collection:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/members/62554-albums116.html

EDIT: Hmm, for reasons unknown, the album photos are out of order and I'm not sure how to correct for that (I'm an idiot about these things); you should view them in the following order to follow the proper sequence: Pic #1, #12, #13, #14, #9, #10, #11, #7, #8, #6, #5, #4, #3, #2

As I mentioned, I'm an idiot about these things so I wouldn't have the foggiest clue about how to set up a torrent. Besides, since the overwhelming part of my collection is made up of official releases, that wouldn't be considered ethical or legal, would it?

(Forgive me if you were just kidding...one never can be 100% sure when all they've got to go off of is text)

Can i go over with my Ipod and laptop for oh, i dnt knw, a couple of weeks? I'll pay rent :D

(i am just raging with jealousy lol)

Congrats mate!!!!! :up::up::up:
Three thumbs up for ya! :wink:

You have a collection of official releases in physical form which is something I can only dream of for now, but I'm working on my complete mp3 collection. One day I hope I can manage to put together something like that.

Again, congrats!!!
Nice job! :wave:

Wow, that is impressive.

If you would get a decent record player and some good speakers you might have fun collecting U2 vinyl, I did. The sound of their 80's album on vinyl totally blows away how they ended up sounding on CD.

Of course their back catalog is being remastered.. But whatever!

Wow wow wow! I'm subscribing to this thread so I can up my collection at least just half of your's. Impressive. Very impressive.

Yeah, but now I'm pissed because I realized I forgot to include my Best Buy 3 Tracks from Elevation 2001 CD and my PopMart in Mexico City Deluxe Edition DVD...I was wanting these photos to be definitive...oh well, maybe I'll gather those two omissions up tonight along with my missing-for-now VHS of UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY and slap on one last misc. photo, he he...

Fascinating...never heard of it...seems to be All Region capable, so I could play it here in the U.S....hmm...so, is that, in fact, the song they play, "Pride (in the name of love)"?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom