Concert Bloopers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it's planned in advance it's not a blooper.

Yea but in I think one of the Philly nights, Bono delayed the WHERE YOU LIVE... part which in effect delayed the chorus. Because of this, the YOU SPEAK taped vocals were heard while Bono was belting DIGNITY PASSES BY!!!

He even apologized at the end, saying that the singer is to blame :wave:

Speaking of Larry making mistakes, there's a pretty obvious one here where he continues to play the chorus line while the rest of the band are going out, or something - it's at about 1:54 when he realises his mistake and hits a crash then moves back on to the hats (although by the sounds of it, the hats were already going - prerecorded??)

YouTube - U2 Vertigo Berlin, Brandenburg Gate 2009-11-05

Thanks! I had been working on it all night

I just found this video and I'm not sure it's been posted on this board before. In it Adam accidentally plays the wrong note about three minutes into the song(!). Pretty embarrassing, I bet he copped all kinds of rude remarks afterward.

Adam make mistake - U2 whoops!!!

I'll be honest, I don't hear that at all (listened 2:45 to 3:10 or so). I hear Bono all over the map lyrically, however. :lol:

I'm not sure if you'd call this a Larry blooper, but it's a false start on his behalf at Montreal 2 Vertigo (the show I saw, too)

YouTube - U2 - All because of you

Yeah, it wasn't his drumming, but he started the backing track incorrectly. (going off memory from being there). You can't really hear it in that video but the backing guitar was ahead or behind, I forget which. But that would be a huge issue come chorus and bridge time :lol:

At Rotterdam 11th May `93 gig The Fly went totally wrong , coz Bono said Achtung Ya All a verse and chorus too soon:lol:
He started to make up some kinda rap after that , that was pretty cool actually.
Must have been the partying the night before:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Larry ended Pride early during either Wembley or Cardiff this year... must find the video, but I'm sure he had to start his drumming again because he mistook the ending!

Also, Adam hits the last note wrong in In God's Country from R&H. You wouldn't know it because it comes across like a grace note... but look at his reaction.

YouTube - U2 - In God's Country (Rattle and Hum)

The biggest "oops" about that video is 0:54. Why they did that edit is beyond me, it's not how it was played at the show this was filmed at, listening to the bootleg I can't find any fault to cause them to want to edit it like that, and it's not how the song is played, period.

The biggest "oops" about that video is 0:54. Why they did that edit is beyond me, it's not how it was played at the show this was filmed at, listening to the bootleg I can't find any fault to cause them to want to edit it like that, and it's not how the song is played, period.

Yeah, I never understood why they had to edit down one of the shortest U2 songs.

Edge has a couple clams in there at the end, too. I always loved Adam's expression when he hits that initial note. He looks over at Edge and knows he's busted.

If anyone was at the Toronto 2 show, you might remember Bono accidentally singing out "Chicago" at the end of Unknown Caller and trying to cover it up by singing out other city names :tsk: Oh, Bono :wink:

at about 5:40:
YouTube - Unknown Caller

Yea but in I think one of the Philly nights, Bono delayed the WHERE YOU LIVE... part which in effect delayed the chorus. Because of this, the YOU SPEAK taped vocals were heard while Bono was belting DIGNITY PASSES BY!!!

He even apologized at the end, saying that the singer is to blame :wave:

Pretty sure that was at Boston4 on 10.04.05. (I was there.) There was a big ruckus on here when it was 'discovered' that "Bono is lip-synching". (Shock! Horror!) Um no, actually, there's a backing track with his background vocals on it. Doh!

So I wonder was that Edge's fault, or someone else's? :hmm: I was just listening to sharebears awesome bootleg of the show where you can clearly hear the counts at the beginning of each song and there is counting there, but I couldn't hear if it was Edge's count.

Vertigo Tour...first leg, one of the shows - could even have been the second one. "40" where Adam decided to play his guitar harmonics in the wrong key putting Bono's vocals way out of tune too...there's video of it somewhere...I think...!

Larry ended Pride early during either Wembley or Cardiff this year... must find the video, but I'm sure he had to start his drumming again because he mistook the ending!

That was Wembley 2. He realised immediately and started playing again, everyone in the band was "WTF!". They ended the song pretty quickly after to much intra-band laughter. Classic!

Yeah, I never understood why they had to edit down one of the shortest U2 songs.

Edge has a couple clams in there at the end, too. I always loved Adam's expression when he hits that initial note. He looks over at Edge and knows he's busted.

:lol:

yeah i guess the chords D, Am, D, Am, D, Am are too hard to remember

Back
Top Bottom