Close call for Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will be interesting to see what Bono will be wearing on stage tonight as, apparently, his luggage fell out of the plane. Maybe he'll be turning to one of the other band members for some clothes.

In other news, I just read on Twitter that a Berlin newspaper is reporting a half-naked man who's rioting in the center of Berlin. Wait a moment .... :lol:

It's true that this was no big deal and we can joke about it.

But it's also true that musicians are much more likely than the average person to die in a plane crash, because they're constantly traveling. R.I.P.: Otis Redding, Ricky Nelson, Aaliyah, John Denver, Patsy Cline, Jim Croce, Ronnie Van Zant, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy Holly...

I don't ever want to see a member of U2 on that list.

The skeptic in me has to wonder:
U2 have been doing a media blitz the past few weeks to promote the new album. Any chance this story was just manufactured to get Bono's name in the news even more?

It's true that this was no big deal and we can joke about it.

But it's also true that musicians are much more likely than the average person to die in a plane crash, because they're constantly traveling. R.I.P.: Otis Redding, Ricky Nelson, Aaliyah, John Denver, Patsy Cline, Jim Croce, Ronnie Van Zant, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy Holly...

I don't ever want to see a member of U2 on that list.

Yeah, that's true. And Bono in particular flies A LOT, much more than the other band members.

But then again, he's a lousy driver as well and so far hasn't been involved in a serious accident, so maybe he's just having an armada of Guardian Angels watching over him :pray:

The skeptic in me has to wonder:
U2 have been doing a media blitz the past few weeks to promote the new album. Any chance this story was just manufactured to get Bono's name in the news even more?

You mean, he manipulated that plane himself? Evil Bono :crack:

But seriously, since German authorities are investigating this incident, I'm sure that it isn't a fabricated story. Why should they make something like that up, it just scares the fans, I don't think B would ever be involved in something like that.

Here are some more details:

Private Plane Carrying U2’s Bono Has Door Shear Off Over Germany - Bloomberg

The Learjet's baggage compartment is located in a rear section that's separate from the passenger compartment, said Paul Hayes, a safety expert at London-based Ascend. Since the hold isn't pressurized, passengers would have been in no danger of being sucked out of the jet when the door opened, he said.

"It happens on average about once a year, somewhere in the world," Hayes said of the luggage-door separation. "Normally it doesn't produce any disaster." Such mishaps generally occur when the locking mechanism isn't properly engaged, he added.

Maybe the gremlin from The Twilight Zone's "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" loosened the bolts on the door. ;)

I do think the angels, if they exist, must have a fondness for Bono. After all, he's written several songs about them.

Maybe the gremlin from The Twilight Zone's "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" loosened the bolts on the door. ;)
The culprits:

68d847502d1218874a7e4ca118fa73fc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom