Can you name the U2 Singles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocomet

Blue Crack Distributor
Remember the Sporcle.com game where we named all the U2 songs by album? There's a new one up now, name the U2 singles by year.

Can you name the U2 Singles? - sporcle

There are a couple of mistakes though unfortunately, making it nearly impossible to enter at least one of the titles. :grumpy:
Overall though, still pretty fun.

Hint: in this quiz, it's origin, not original.

Even with that, I got it all with 8 minutes exactly to spare. It's missing some singles though. 40, for instance, was a single.

I got thrown because as I was typing one tree hill (i was going in order) it entered one, and when one tree hill didnt pop up (the text box only said tree hill) i deleted what was in there and spent ages trying to work out what it was :lol:

when it was finally the last one left I tried it again

Yeah it was the OOTS that messed me up because I couldn't figure out the wrong title. How did you guys get that?

Yeah it was the OOTS that messed me up because I couldn't figure out the wrong title. How did you guys get that?

I've seen it typoed plenty of times as "Origin" Of The Species over the years, so it was the first thing I tried when "Original" didn't show up where it should've.

^ i figured they had it wrong after what you posted earlier, so I played around. Origin of the species was a working title in the ATYCLB days I think (or at least elevation tour days)

Yikes! I'd be the worst score ever. I did click on the link, but when I saw all that empty space I couldn't even remember the singles I know I know! :lol:

Couldn't come up with Another Day or A Day Without Me. Got all the rest of them pretty easily, though, including "Origin" of the Species.

I always blank on these kinds of things. But Jesus, the only ones I missed in the second column were all favorite songs :doh:

Original of the Species wasn't released commercially was it, only a promo, ????

don't even get me started on that and the atyclb singles - and ironically the one that took me the longest for hutdab was the only song off the album i like. city of blinding lights, doh!

The only songs in that second column I missed were Wild Horses, Stay, Starring At The Sun and COBL. Felt like quite and idiot for the same reason as you.

46 pretty bad :reject:
I forgot Beautiful Day and Numb.:doh:
Had some trouble with the early singles and Origin of the Species too.

I got all of them except the 1995 single by 6:13. I kept trying as many variations of "Miss Sarajevo" as I could come up with, until it finally hit me. :doh:

Only 3.52 remaining because I could not for the love of god remember that COBL was a single from Hutdab. :doh:

Must be cause that song is better than the rest of the album!

And I have to admit, Origin of the species took me a while too.

Finished with 6:49 to spare. Would have done better if they hadn't have called OOTS "Origin of the Species". I actually looked up "species" first, to see if I was spelling it right. :lol:

Also, it took me awhile to remember that Please, my favorite song from Pop and one of my favorites ever, was a single from Pop.

Back
Top Bottom