"Brothers" trailer, featuring "Bad"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The original was crap, I don't expect much from this I'm afraid.

Same thoughts here. I particularly hated it when the Danish guy took a pipe to his cellmate. It made it impossible to sympathize with him afterwards. In fact I didn't sympathize with most of the characters. Then again it's not new for many Scandinavian movies to be depressing.

YouTube - Brothers / Brødre Trailer

I like Bier's After the Wedding though. :up:

I hate everything Bier represents, in my mind she represents everything problematic about the Danish film industry. We're too focused on the actors, the stories are predictable and never really exciting, they always have to be about the average person going through a tough time. The cinematography is always uninspired. Where's the grand vision, the grand cinema? (Not counting the brilliant Antichrist, of course)
Unless Sheridan has seriously rewritten some scenes, I can't see how this should be a better film, save the U2 track :wink:

With White as Snow I thought the guy was dead in the war but the trailer looks like a carbon copy of the original. I guess WAS is more about Pincher Martin than Brothers. :shrug:

I hate everything Bier represents, in my mind she represents everything problematic about the Danish film industry. We're too focused on the actors, the stories are predictable and never really exciting, they always have to be about the average person going through a tough time. The cinematography is always uninspired. Where's the grand vision, the grand cinema? (Not counting the brilliant Antichrist, of course)

Well I haven't seen a Trier movie that I liked I certainly understand what you mean about drab cinematography and soap opera plots in many Scandinavian movies but I think they are all just copying that depressing style of Bergman without the craft and amazing photography that he worked with.

Bergman is last century, THE FUTURE NEEDS A BIG KISS!

Seriously though, I adore Bergman, but it's getting sad.
I hope that you'll watch Antichrist. It's not at all like his other movies and the cinematography is otherworldly.

Bergman is last century, THE FUTURE NEEDS A BIG KISS!

Seriously though, I adore Bergman, but it's getting sad.
I hope that you'll watch Antichrist. It's not at all like his other movies and the cinematography is otherworldly.

He is talented but I probably will be nauseated by the genital mutilation or I'll laugh at the wrong parts. When I watched Breaking the waves I actually got mad at the director. :angry: I'm definately not an audience member for him, though I have to admit I did manage to finish the movie all the way until the end. :wink: Something like Inglourious Basterds more my liking. :D

Though it is interesting to read Roger Ebert's review. He compared it to a reverse version of Adam and Eve.

The last depressing Scandinavian movie I liked was "Faithless". That was raw but realistic. If it's autobiographical of Bergman then woe to any women who dated him. :hmm:

Just saw it! Goosebump city

I was totally unprepared, never even saw it coming and bam, Bad started and holy goosebump city. Wicked Trailer, love hearing Bad through the sound system in the theatre....

The only reason I would go see that movie...to hear U2.
LOL!:heart:

When B was talking about WAS, he was saying it is from Brothers, and the scene is where a guy gets his truck blown up on the roadside, and the song takes place in the exact amount of time it takes him to die. Now Im confused..

Brotherly Love Inspires Oscar Campaign
(...)
A full slate of screenings begins next week, with Academy-geared television spots to follow. Lionsgate’s awards website now promotes the film in a wide range of categories including best picture, best director, best actor, supporting actor and actress, screenplay, and song for U2’s “Winter.” The song certainly sounds apt (“The broken and the bruised/The young and the used/The sure and confused/All here”) -- and while Kris Tapley speculates that the track may run afoul of the music branch’s strict rules because it was recorded during the band's "No Line on the Horizon" sessions, Kavanaugh says that it was "without question" written specifically for the film.

Brotherly Love Inspires Oscar Campaign | The Wrap

Brotherly Love Inspires Oscar Campaign
(...)
A full slate of screenings begins next week, with Academy-geared television spots to follow. Lionsgate’s awards website now promotes the film in a wide range of categories including best picture, best director, best actor, supporting actor and actress, screenplay, and song for U2’s “Winter.” The song certainly sounds apt (“The broken and the bruised/The young and the used/The sure and confused/All here”) -- and while Kris Tapley speculates that the track may run afoul of the music branch’s strict rules because it was recorded during the band's "No Line on the Horizon" sessions, Kavanaugh says that it was "without question" written specifically for the film.

Brotherly Love Inspires Oscar Campaign | The Wrap

Interesting. I think U2 really wants an Oscar. Oh and bonus, if they are nominated, they will perform at the Academy Awards. So, hopefully they rule White as Snow eligible.

Interesting... weird they woudn't have used it for the trailer, very odd.

Not so much. My guess is they used Bad in the trailer because the song is AMAZING and already has an emotional resonance with the audience. That's why for trailers you usually hear songs you know or movie scores you know.

yes, I thought all along that it was supposed to be Winter that was part of the Brothers soundtrack, not White as Snow. I remember last year when we saw White as Snow was on the album, we concluded it was Winter. And I think Fanning? even said so on his radio show that it had become White as Snow - but it clearly hasn't.

I hope they clean it up a bit from what was on linear... but then, they do have a history of half-assing it when it comes to recent soundtrack songs, Hands That Built America was not a high point in their catalog if you ask me...

I think Winter as is is leaps and bounds better than Hands that Built America. That's probably one of my least favorite U2 songs.

wow. this is great news! i wonder when the soundtrack comes out...and if Winter will be different than the Linear version.

I wouldn't be suprised if the soundtrack version is identical to the one on Linear. But should this appear on SOA, then it might have changed. Just a big fat guess.

Any news on a soundtrack release?

Than Lanois background sound should not be relegated to soundtrack, especially not if it's going to stay in the background as much as it was on Linear.:down:

Back
Top Bottom