"Brothers" trailer, featuring "Bad"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm, Winter is coming out on a soundtrack. Eno wanted them to "finish" Winter and Bono didn't want to preferring to work on other songs instead. So they're submitting an unfinished song for oscar contention? That's not like them.

"Eno, whose fearlessly arty vision has shaped some of the best rock of the past 30 years -- from Roxy Music to his experimental solo albums to Bowie in Berlin to Coldplay's Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends -- is bald, professorial and unexpectedly genial, with Prada glasses hanging on a cord around his neck. "It's too long, it needs a bit of work," he says of Winter. "But, you know, they won't spend time on it. They've spent months working on the ones that are supposed to be the radio singles. Months! This: played, put aside." "

WebCite query result

And Edge recently said they're considering Winter for the SoA project and yet they've only once before released a brand new song on a soundtrack and then put it on a forthcoming album. No, TGBHF doesn't count. Why are they giving away unfinished songs when they are supposed to be holding onto songs for SoA and finishing them.

I don't like this..

Edit, K, two..

"In America" is a fantastic film, and judging a movie based on its trailer is heinous.

Preferring the original to the remake, the book to the movie, the influence to the influenced, etc... it may often be true, but in this case - a case in which you're passing judgment based on a trailer, a trailer that I happen to find very interesting - it's clearly an a priori assumption that the original has to be better.

So no, I don't trust you.

I hope they've polished up Winter:drool:

A friend of mine has the movie Brothers on DVD, and seems to think that the version of Bad in the movie is different than the UF album version. I saw the movie awhile back, but didn't notice if the version of Bad was different that the usual version. Does anyone know what version of Bad was used in the movie? Was it a new remix?

A friend of mine has the movie Brothers on DVD, and seems to think that the version of Bad in the movie is different than the UF album version. I saw the movie awhile back, but didn't notice if the version of Bad was different that the usual version. Does anyone know what version of Bad was used in the movie? Was it a new remix?

I think it was the Wide Awake in America version.. though I can't remember for certain

Back
Top Bottom