Boy tops 100 greatest debut album list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My god

:lmao: x infinty

Seriously, my belly is hurting... I can't stop laugh. Oh.. you and a mate of mine would have a lot to talk about.

Where's Hot Fuss?????

No kidding, I really love that album. One of the best of the decade, and I listen to it again and again. Maybe The Killers weren't cool enuf to be considered or something :shrug:

agree. I love Hot Fuss

U2 may not deserve the #1 spot, but there are very few that I like more. My pick would be Bloc Party's Silent Alarm, because it's tied with Pop for my favourite album ever. The Velvet Underground and Nico is at least high up there.

Decent list. Not great, but I don't expect every random list to magically match my music taste.

I don't think Oasis or REM are anywhere close to U2.

ZOMG IM A BLIND SHEEP

also this is just one guys list...on a blog...would you all be upset if I made a blog and put Boy at #1? :wink:

Bloc Party are the shittest band in the world

Pop is 10 million times better than anything they have produced

Bloc Party is ridiculous...
I've saw a show... they were using playback... it was ridiculous...

And their songs sucks.

Bloc Party is ridiculous...
I've saw a show... they were using playback... it was ridiculous...

And their songs sucks.

playback in what sense? :huh: ive seen them live three times, they were all playing. I was in front all three times. It would have been very obvious if they were faking it.

I find this funny because everybody in the new album forum is always like, "music is subjective" except I guess when somebody makes a list of their favorite debut albums? then i guess music becomes FACT and this guys FACTS are wrong. the heavens. what an asshole. maybe he likes a different type of beer as you too, or maybe he prefers brunettes to blondes? the guy is totally fucked up. his opinion sucks. boy sucks. fuck.

playback in what sense? :huh: ive seen them live three times, they were all playing. I was in front all three times. It would have been very obvious if they were faking it.

Well, it was an award show here on Brazil, and they were one of the peformers. They've played one or two songs...
they were just not playing at all. At several times the singer wasn't even moving his lips but you could hear the singing. I kinda lost the respect I've had for that band. Maybe on actual shows of theirs they don't use playback... that I don't know

Boy is a very good album esp considering their age but GIMME A BREAK,

Apetite for destruction lower than Boy?? hahaha:lol:
And where is Oasis? or the killers or the stone roses etc etc

I allways wonder who makes these lists.

I find this funny because everybody in the new album forum is always like, "music is subjective" except I guess when somebody makes a list of their favorite debut albums? then i guess music becomes FACT and this guys FACTS are wrong.

precisely
:up:

Well, it was an award show here on Brazil, and they were one of the peformers. They've played one or two songs...
they were just not playing at all. At several times the singer wasn't even moving his lips but you could hear the singing. I kinda lost the respect I've had for that band. Maybe on actual shows of theirs they don't use playback... that I don't know

I wouldn't know about that awards show, but sometimes when stuff is for TV bands do that. I think it's dumb but often times it's not even their decision.

Trust me, when they play shows they're live. Just check any youtube clip.

I allways wonder who makes these lists.

it's just some guy on the internet with a blog :huh: i don't get why everyone is so upset. someone really likes Boy? so what?

i agree with popacrobat

Whatever other great debut albums there are out there, and there are many great ones... "Boy" deserves every accolade it gets. It's a monster of a launch statement.

Having got into U2 in 2000 it was ATYCLB that was my first U2 album. I sometimes wonder that if I heard other U2 albums first, would they be my favourite band? Would I even like them? With a few of their albums, the answer would possibly be a no.

But if Boy was my first U2 record, I would definitely be a big fan. It's got such a brilliant energy to it at times, you can really hear their youth and urgency. It's also got some brilliant little moments that make it unique: the bikes and bottles in I Will Follow, the controlled approach on An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart.

I think it is a great album, and I can really hear the character and personality of the band at the time, rather than just the music.

The same can be said for my favourite ever debut. Being a Welsh lad, that title goes to Word Gets Around from the Stereophonics. Kelly Jones managed to provide the perfect soundtrack to my youth by reflecting on his own. I think this is what a lot of people a few years older than myself get from Definitely Maybe.

I didn't grow up with U2, I had to go back and find them. But I can still enjoy Boy as if it was being released by a group of teens in 2009 - the songs refuse to age, and thanks to the remastered edition, can genuinley sound new and fresh.

I'm rambling now, bottom line is
BOY ROCKS AND I LOVE IT :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom