Boots Dropped from KC's The Buzz after 3rd day...but Ting Tings is number 1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not a huge Ting Tings fan but That's Not My Name is IMO a superb pop song :up:

GOYB on the other hand is one of the weakest tracks on the album and a horrible choice for the lead-off single. Though I totally disagree with what the DJ says about Discotheque.

Radio is about advertising demographics--it is the very reason why radio is broken. They do not make one cent on certain demos--that is why most radio stations are flipping to top 40, and why u2 is not a money maker anymore as far as radio is concerned. It is also why 'Crazy' is a HUGE misstep by the band--this calculated song just won't work and it may be the worst song they've ever recorded--hopefully they really reach for the stars on Songs Of Ascent and dispense with tailoring their albums--

just to use an example--U.S. TV uses the 18-49 demo--That means networks LITERALLY do not make one cent on a 50+ year old who religiously watches a particular show. As a 38 year old, I know i will consume just as much when I am 50--the rules have changed--the advertisers do not realize this yet--

For L.A. members, this is why Indie 103.1 went dark--so sad--

I'm obviously late hopping on that train, but I think finally the time has come for me to join the satellite radio group.
it's great. i've had it since 05. plus i was able to upgrade to a lifetime membership recently. it was $400, which when you break it down per month isn't bad. normally it's $12.95/month, so it pays for itself in 30 months. that sounds like a long time but given that i've been subscribing for four years, i could've already paid for it a long time ago.

i'm not too fond of everything now that xm and sirius have merged, but it's still a better alternative than fm radio, at least in my town.

Unfortunately sat radio is now run by the same FM hacks that ruined radio--and the compressed sound quality is worse than FM--the content is still better, but XM in its hey day was head and shoulders above what the new co. is now. The mian problem with SXM is its sound quality--it's just awful...

I really find it hard to believe that anyone would ever think about comparing "Thats Not My Name" to GOYB let alone say the former is almost as good/bad.

Get On Your Boots owns everything on the radio full stop. :wink:

I'm obviously late hopping on that train, but I think finally the time has come for me to join the satellite radio group.

Really,you need to... it's great when a there are a # of stations on the same service that play U2 and the "Alternative" station on Sirius/XM called Alt Nation plays U2 in fact just a couple of minutes ago they were playing NLOTH 2...it's on their top 18 countdown.

In fact it would be great if you spoke to that PD again and said "thanks to you I'm getting satellite radio where I don't have to hear the same bullshit music on repeat over and over again"...he might not be so opinionated this time

Back
Top Bottom