"Boots" cover getting better ratings...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
to be honest...it should be more difficult for average guys to play u2's songs...this all makes their musical skill look pretty easy to imitate...

I think the singer's got a moderately decent voice, but other than that.....eh.
Noticed he doesn't say "sexy boots" even once, lol.
And the "let me in the sound" part is horrendously bad.

Just...wow. :eyebrow:

This sounds like how a Kidz Bop version would turn out if they had gone through puberty first.

Totally takes the piss out of that song...wow...whats sad is..my sister walked by as that was playing and said, "that sounds better than u2's version,"...

...I had to restrain myself. :mad:

Of course you're going to get better ratings if you're an unknown band, only your friends vote. They aren't big enough to have haters yet...

The cover still sucks. Sorry Gherman if this is your band.

Usually I agree on bad covers, but this one I really like. They're not taking a piss at the song, they're paying tribute to it in an original way. Obviously these are four very good musicians that payed attention to details of the song.

Having said that: no way this is better than the original, but as ppl already said: the rating system on yt doesn't really reflect reality and U2 has a lot of haters, this band probably not (yet).

to be honest...it should be more difficult for average guys to play u2's songs...this all makes their musical skill look pretty easy to imitate...

When I was younger musician friends would scorn my love for U2. "Look how easy it is to play SBS or WTSHNN" they'd say and strum away on their guitars. My questions for them was always, "If it's so easy, then why does it sound like ass when you do it douchebag?"

It's not the musicianship. It's the soul. And you don't have any soul douchebag.

It's...musically the same (which I don't like when it comes to covers, I like it when they add their own twist), also, his voice doesn't have the same power behind it as bono's....to bono it means something, to this guy, he's just singing.

Playing music is a lot easier than writing it.

U2 write good music which is easy to cover (usually badly).

I like it. Sounds less radio poppy like U2's version. If only they did it this way! What the fuck was U2 thinking!? :wink::hmm:

Back
Top Bottom