"Boots" cover getting better ratings...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree 100%... U2 are masterful musicians only using those colors in their musical palate that support the grand vision... the lyric, the melody...THE SONG! They are out to make timeless masterpieces not self indulgent wankfests. Each member of U2 is armed to the teeth with ability on their respective instrument, they are just smart about how they use it.

I agree 100%... U2 are masterful musicians only using those colors in their musical palate that support the grand vision... the lyric, the melody...THE SONG! They are out to make timeless masterpieces not self indulgent wankfests. Each member of U2 is armed to the teeth with ability on their respective instrument, they are just smart about how they use it.

let's not get too carried away here :wink:

No-one can forget the disaster called staring at the sun live in las vegas where the biggest band in the world wasnt able to play a relatively simple song and screwed up BIG time. god I love them :)

Seeing edge on this gibsonspecial for instance proofs that he is far from being a great guitarplayer technically. He is BY FAR the worst guitarplayer with an amazing soundscape. And the "he can play if he wants to"comments are ridicoulous. He makes so many mistakes during concerts :)

HOWEVER: when he commes together with the band he is or used to be golden and a standard for almost anyone. Edge without adam larry and bono is nothing, the same goes for Bono nowadays allthought this wasn't allways the case. In the past he was very good in collaborations(clannad, frank). Adam has started playing very good but till pop was allways a mediocre bassplayer, larry is a good drummer but is also better when playing with his band.

Conclusion:
U2 as a band =GOLD
U2 seperately=Not topnotch

I hear your point. But, U2 is always pushing the limits of melding the audio/visual production in live performance. To bring up a pretty isolated mis-step in an unbelievably accurate career is tough. Things happen everyone. Are they perfect... no but no one is.

As for Edge, he is the most imitated guitar player I know in both sound and approach

I can't get by the fact that the original song just plain sucks arse no matter who is playing which makes me wonder why in the world would you even waste 5 minutes of your life trying to imitate it.

Back
Top Bottom