Bono's NYT Op-Ed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think it's honesty all. It's more like the phony exuberance of someone who wants to kiss butt. You guys buy this?! It's so flowery and over-the-top. Frank Sinatra was a dick, wasn't he?

There's a big difference between kissing butt and giving praise where praise is due. Sometimes I think people are so afraid of being seen as suck ups that they don't give honest praise when they could. We need more acknowledgement of the positives in life than we do all the negativity.

Whether or not Sinatra was a dick is irrelevant to the point Bono is making. Lot's of fantastic artists are total dickweeds, but that doesn't negate the fact that they have a talent. All it takes is reading Bono in Conversation to realise that Bono writes the way he talks. Yes, it may seem over the top but then again Bono has always been larger than life. Listen or read early interviews with him and you will see that he has always been that way. Bono paints beautiful pictures with words.

Dana

I don't think it's honesty all. It's more like the phony exuberance of someone who wants to kiss butt. You guys buy this?! It's so flowery and over-the-top. Frank Sinatra was a dick, wasn't he?

Who's butt is he kissing now? Frank Sinatra is dead.:doh:

Dude you are so right! I need to go home and rethink my life now. :happy:

A correction for what? What horrendous things did Bono say in his column on Frank Sinatra? I guess some people just need to bitch because they cannot stand the mere fact of Bono's existence in the world.

A correction for what? What horrendous things did Bono say in his column on Frank Sinatra? I guess some people just need to bitch because they cannot stand the mere fact of Bono's existence in the world.

Let's face it, whatever he wrote would have been picked apart word by word... people on here just hate him :shrug: Gets quite trying after a while.

Correction: January 14, 2009
An Op-Ed column on Sunday, about Frank Sinatra, misidentified the arranger of the Sinatra version of “My Way.” He was Don Costa, not Nelson Riddle.

I guess some people have such a narrow vision with their rose-tinted glasses they don't want to check the facts.

Back
Top Bottom