Bonos most emotional moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ from memory, the never tear us apart snippet came at the end of Mysterious ways. I remember Gone and Bad being incredible; the weather put on an incredible electrical storm and it was hosing rain at one point which only added weight to an already emotional evening . . . filing out of the stadium (after One? closing the show) to Never Tear Us Apart with Hutchence's image on the screen still gives me chills . . . amazing night :heart:
My memory of what happened when is a bit hazy but I remember the storm, Bono yelling at the crew to turn all the lights off in the stadium and all of us staring at the sky (ha!) watching the lightning right above and getting soaked to the skin. And I remember Never Tear Us Apart over the PA and everyone stood there singing along. Goosebump time....

Edit: hang on, I remember the storm hit the stadium just after Bono had spoken about Michael. That's why we were all spellbound, U2 are in Sydney in February 1998, Michael died in November 1997 and Bono talks about Michael and then, bang, an electrical storm appears above the stadium!!!! Very Twilight Zone!!!!

Back
Top Bottom