Bono's Investment Group Takes Heat for Poor Performance [update facebook stock]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Solid diamond toilets are where it's at, bitches.

You're cheap, John. It has to be made out of plutonium as well as having the capabilities to travel through time. If it isn't so, then life isn't worth living.

alol

Bono Buys Bigger Share Of Facebook | PerezHilton.com

Wowsa! And even with all the privacy controversy, he's dumping his $$$$$ in there.

Bono and execs at his business Elevation Partners have invested another £80 million into Facebook, bringing the total to £140 million. The company was able to buy shares from insiders on the secondary market.

It doesn't seem like a good idea to us, but despite his philanthropic efforts, Bono is known for being a terrible investor. He was named Worst Investor in America by Wall Street Journal after putting in £312.5 million into debt-riddled cellphone maker Palm Inc.

Hope this one goes as planned.

Hasnt Facebook peaked ? Isnt this like slamming a large bet on short odds ?

I feel very uncomfortable whenever I see these Bono investment stories. Its just a little bit too close to Kiss-territory for my liking. I know its his money and he can do whatever he likes with it, but it does invite a hell of a lot of flak from haters.

I feel very uncomfortable whenever I see these Bono investment stories. Its just a little bit too close to Kiss-territory for my liking. I know its his money and he can do whatever he likes with it, but it does invite a hell of a lot of flak from haters.

How does it come close to Kiss territory? He's not slapping his logo on it. It's not going to change to U2book.

Hasnt Facebook peaked ? Isnt this like slamming a large bet on short odds ?

How would one know if it's peaked? No one really knows until after the decline when one has peaked. I think facebook is making a big push to expand their capabilities for companies. Only time will tell...

How does it come close to Kiss territory? He's not slapping his logo on it. It's not going to change to U2book.

I heard Bono is going to have a reality show on A&E revolving around how he uses Facebook using his Palm. Would that make it more like Kiss? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom