Bono's Eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raid

Acrobat
Bono's eyes 'deteriorating' | Irish Examiner

Interesting article about Bono's eyes deteriorating. I'm just curious as to why - if Bono has an eye condition - they don't ban cameras at U2 concerts? Seems they should to help preserve our poor Bono's eyes. If he can't see, then we got no tour. That would suck.

Technically cameras are banned from a lot of shows and that was real easy to enforce prior to 2000, but it would be impossible to do so now.

I don't think it's exaggeration exactly... just non-newsworthy repetitive nothing else U2 to talk about let's put a Bono pic here blather. :wink:

Damn, so not what I was expecting from this thread.

:drool:

Anywhoo, he's been saying his eyes are sensitive for years, yet I've noticed recently his lenses have gotten lighter in public- almost clear. So it probably doesn't bother him much. I've always had a bit of a suspicion that the shades are more style than protection.

I think it's both exaggerated and not really a public business. I don't really appreciate Julian Lennon talking about this kind of stuff, it seems very confidential. Bono has talked about his eye condition before and many cynics were saying he's lying when it comes to why he's constantly wearing the glasses. However, you can clearly see that his eyes, the right eye especially, have some sort of issue because they look swollen and puffy.

I have issues with my eyes as well, they swell up a lot and are very sensitive to the light. I have to wear sunglasses most of the time when I'm outside,also when it's windy. The eyes get very dry or, on the other hand, are tearing like crazy and I get a lof of infections. It's becoming increasingly difficuult to read and concentrate when working on the computer. My eyes need a lot of rest and I can't have flashlights. I have no idea what exaclty Bono's problem is but to me it looks like he's having some sort of blockage or chronic infection.

I'm also not sure if his designer shades are really the right choice when it comes to protecting the eyes, to be honest. I'd rather believe he's vain and doesn't have any real medical issues. But then again, I hope it's not that serious. To me it doesn't seem that he's losing his eyesight or anything. His ackwardness seems to have other reasons :wink:

I think the moral of the story is that a blue eyed boy, with an eye condition/deteriorating eyes, meets a brown eyed girl. That could be a great lyric too....

I agree about Julian. It seems like a really unprofessional thing to say. Like, you just shouldn't be talking about your friends with journalists, probably.

I can't see who the hell is in the mirror
I can't hear anything when I pick up my phone
Some people should just realise I'm getting old

Julian's comments didn't include anything about Bono's eyesight getting worse, he was speaking about the "condition", nothing really specific.

However, I agree with everyone saying that it's more than natural for someone his age to have deteriorating eyesight. Ali has been wearing glasses for years now. Most people I know getting bad eyesight when they get older. I do, too, and it's certainly NOT the shocking news some media want to make us believe it is.

Julian's comments didn't include anything about Bono's eyesight getting worse, he was speaking about the "condition", nothing really specific.

Yeah, unless there's more to his comments that I don't know about, I don't see where Julian Lennon really did anything wrong here. He just made reference to a "deteriorating" condition, something Bono has alluded to before himself. Lennon isn't a doctor ad didn't disclose any confidential information. I can only speculate, but I suspect this may have been in response to a comment about Bono wearing glasses all the time. And for all we know Bono told Lennon he didn't mind if he commented on it if asked.

In any event, everyone's eyesight is deteriorating. That's no secret.

just a bit indiscreet really... i always thought it would be a bit of a no no for celebrity friends to discuss each other's personal info with the press...

I'm sure that wearing the sunglasses gave his eyes a crutch so not wearing them are going to make his eyes that much more sensitive to light as he gets older.

I find it odd that Lennon of all people seems to be the only that has access to U2 these days.

This comment seemed to be a tiny portion of a bigger interview, why they would focus on this portion, I don't know. So very odd...

I find it odd that Lennon of all people seems to be the only that has access to U2 these days.

This comment seemed to be a tiny portion of a bigger interview, why they would focus on this portion, I don't know. So very odd...

it's like U2 are in massive media lock-down or something - even the press are getting twitchy and desperate :lol:

I saw the original, and the interviewer did ask him if Bono ever takes his glasses off or if Edge ever removes his hat. Lennon said that he saw Edge take his hat off to go swimming, but he didn't say if Edge's hair is deteriorating. :wink:

I have read the same article on multiple news sites and some of the comments that readers made state that he may go blind within the next year or so.

Kind of similar with what happened with his back in 2010. Some people jumped to the conclusion that he had broken his spinal cord in a matter of seconds...

Ha. Sounds about right.

Please tell me you posted that you heard his eyes had actually fallen out.

I have read the same article on multiple news sites and some of the comments that readers made state that he may go blind within the next year or so.
A guy on Facebook said that too and I think "My suspicions may´ve got confirmed" :( , but I don´t want to exaggerate.

Come on, he's bionic Bono already since he's had his back surgery. You'd think he's having artificial seeing devices now. Everything about Bono is unbreakable. Does anyone really believe the shades are for medical or cosmetic reasons? No way.

Back
Top Bottom