Bono: U2 won't be back for a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its the first time B has said that, he usually does the opposite, so, probably an album in 2012 :wink:

This is no big deal for U2. They just need to go away and dream it all up again. I guess the next two years are gonna be pretty quiet 'round here...

I seriously doubt U2 is going to release an album without a multi-million dollar tour to go with it. They seriously make very little from album sales, especially when compared to concert sales. They need to let the worldwide market replenish itself before they get back out there.

I'm now joining the club that believes U2 will not release their next album until fall of 2013, with their next tour to be in 2014-15. Bank on it.

Just realized that fall 2013 is only 2 years from now. That's not really that long! Think back to 2 years ago... U2 were a few days from opening their NA tour in Chicago, which I was at. Time flies by quickly, so savor the good moments!

How is this surprising and anything different than we already knew?

"a while" could mean "until the next album and tour" in Bono's universe.

Hopefully I can lose some weight before the next U2 tour as well! In all reality, Edge said that fall of 2012 was their target date. That's only in a year from now! We all know they're not going to start seriously working again until after the new year comes, so who knows how their mindsets and feelings on the current Dangermouse material will change. Most of that material they started working on in 2010, which will be 2 years old. That's a lot of time for things to get stale!

I'd be fine with a 2013 release. It just seems like such a long time between albums, with nearly a 5 year gap.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he indirectly referring to playing live?

I know the band prefers to tour every album, but you know, with age comes...change.

Because this isn't written in a Q&A format it's hard to know exactly in what context his statement was made. But it seems like the surrounding text is more about the strain of touring.

At least. And I think 2013 is pretty optimistic.

That's OK. U2 needs to go away for a while and....well, you know.

I see nothing but positives, I mean yeah they're gonna be 3-4 years older when we next really see/hear from them again. But go back dream up some new stuff, come back fresh, who knows what will happen.

It could also mean "until I lose some weight"

So they will never tour again?

solid. they need to live, experience, feed those minds that create the music and reconnect with family/ friends. hats off.

and, I don't interpret this to mean no releases, just no touring for awhile, which, I agree with someone else, my bank account likes the sound of that!

i have spent a good amount of time rediscovering songs I didn't care for some years ago, but find meaning in now. and, of course, always checking out YouTube, etc. for those memories that take me there...

Ha. I had the same thought. I have a big blow-out trip to Vegas planned with a friend who's also turning 40 that year. Please don't make me have to arrange it around U2 shows, Bono. :shifty:

Odd... usually they're all so tight lip about it.

Seriously though, if this has anything to do with a potential new album... it's so sad to see how long this has been dragged out. I doubt they put out an album without plans to tour it.

Call it No Line on the Horizon II? :|

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he indirectly referring to playing live?

I know the band prefers to tour every album, but you know, with age comes...change.

Because this isn't written in a Q&A format it's hard to know exactly in what context his statement was made. But it seems like the surrounding text is more about the strain of touring.

Agreed on the context and what Bono is likely speaking to.

Don't think they'd tour without an album, though.

Do we really need to read so much into an apparent off-the-cuff comment from Bono, taking into consideration the context about his other comment about being done with the tour and probably being tired?

Oh, right. Yes, we do.

Do we really need to read so much into an apparent off-the-cuff comment from Bono, taking into consideration the context about his other comment about being done with the tour and probably being tired?

Oh, right. Yes, we do.

It's Interference. Of course we do. Frankly I'm surprised I haven't seen a diagram of that sentence yet.

Back
Top Bottom