Bono trademarking his name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Super Yo said:
Eu sou uruguaio, mas morei um tempinho no Brasil.

:)

Rapaz, o maior idolo do meu time é uruguaio, o Loco Abreu! (apesar de que Seedorf deve ser anunciado amanha..).

Abraço!

I believe his name has had a patent here in the states for years.

If it's registered, then it will be a ®.

If you can't make a ® when posting on your handheld device, then you'll be forced to refer to Bono® as The Artist Formerly Known As Bono™. If you can't make a ™, well then you're just screwed.

I'm sure he's had a ™ for years. ® requires further paperwork and allows greater protection.

Who the fuck makes a connection between "trademarking his name" and "shit, it's a sign they're breaking up!" Stoopid newspapers, that's who.

re the trademarking, it's probably a smart thing to do to protect one's "brand," when you're a ridiculously rich rock star who goes by one name and is in fact "a brand," like it or not.

Does this mean he can go after people trying to use his name (like, say, impersonators who allow people to think he's really Bono including signing his name as an autograph?) to protect his trademarked brand, not unlike how big companies with a recognizable logo go after companies who try and piggy-back on their business by using a similar logo?

Maybe that's copyright vs trademark and US vs Ireland, not sure how that all compares.

I don't think he's going to start coming out with Bono Body Spray (U 2 CAN SMELL RICH!) or Bono Non-Orthopedic Shoe Lifts (ADD THREE INCHES OF ELEVATION), so yeah, this isn't really much to get all excited about.

:up:

Out of curiosity (and not actual interest, I swear!), I checked Wikipedia and it looks like they are indeed Irish. Born in Dublin, other Irishy things followed.

I realize Wikipedia is not the most reliable of sources, but I don't think that part would be made up, unless someone is pranking Ireland by trying to place Jedward as Irish .... oh my god, you guys! JEDWARD IS PRANKING IRELAND!

:lol:

I had C-3P0 Underoos way back when. I might have had Wonder Woman as well, but I don't remember them as clearly (or as fondly) as my C-3P0 set.

Does anyone have that pic of the Bono-scented Yankee Candle? That seems like it would be appropriate for this thread.

I don't think there ever was one with his name on it. Just the Midsummer's night scent that apparently smelled like Bono during JT era. Or something like that.

I don't think there ever was one with his name on it. Just the Midsummer's night scent that apparently smelled like Bono during JT era. Or something like that.

Yeah, I know it wasn't real, but someone photoshopped a pic a long time ago. That would be funny if they really made one. :hmm:
I heard recently that Yankee came out with a line of "manly" candles; they could add Bono to that!

Back
Top Bottom