Bono to Visit Qatar? / Bono cancels Doha visit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think bono actually working on the album could be considered an "unforeseen circumstance"

I would think because of the recent terrorist attacks . That is really interesting.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. I was also thinking that maybe Ali has the flu or something and Bono has to take care of the kids. :lol:

cptlctygoofball (that's a mouthful) posted this over in WTAHNN. I would agree this is most likely the reason he cancelled.

The Press Association: Man who signed U2 dies from cancer

:sad:

I am sure that this is probably the main reason why Bono would cancel such an important trip as the one to Doha.

Also, it's not the safest time to be taking trips to that general area of the world.

It's good that Bono is not going to Doha right now.:cute:

Mulago Positive Women’s Network :love:

Is it to do with the attacks in Mumbai?

Do you have any idea of geography?

Cancelling a trip to Doha because of attacks in Mumbai would be like somebody in New York not taking the subway to work because a train derailed in London.

Doesn't Edun do some business in India? Could they possibly have people in their organization in harms way? Also concerning the terrorist attacks with reports that westerners (Brits and Americans) being targeted this may be beyond internal Indian terrorist activity. Not enough is known yet. I would think with the album work being so close to wrapping up any uncertainity about his security would be unwelcome. Yes, I know he's Irish not British but an awful lot of people seem to think of him as British or even American. I have frequently gotten puzzled responses from people on saying he's Irish because they actually thought he was American. Go figure.

Dana

DOHA IS OVER TWO THOUSAND KILOMETRES FROM MUMBAI IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COUNTRY.

The third world is not a fucking homogeneous mass with terrorists lurking behind every corner to launch attacks on insignificant players in global politics such as Bono.

For Christ's sake, Interference! I know you love U2, but let's not over-inflate Bono's importance now.

Back
Top Bottom