Bono to appear at MTV awards tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every now and then I need to hear his voice!!!! Thanks You!

Now, Did he trip going to the stage?
and did they boo him when he said the Beatles would have been from Dublin?

And I love the new glasses anyone know what they are?

lovely speech... too bad he went out of the way to describe kid rock as being talented. he must've been really drunk.

He did trip going to the stage and tried to cover it. I think he also laughed at himself.

lovely speech... too bad he went out of the way to describe kid rock as being talented. he must've been really drunk.

My thoughts exactly. :up:

BUT I think it spoke for itself when he described Macca as the only person in that room who's work will be immortal.

Horrible show, no wonder Bono was drunk.

Thought it was horribly cringe-worthy to be honest, I normally don't mind Bono's hyperbole but I just thought this was too much exaggerated ass-kissing. I think its a shame Bono feels he still has to show his face at awful events like this, particularly when U2 also lost out on Best Act Ever to Rick fuckin Astley!

Oh and he should definitely have made a joke out of tripping, just made it even more cringe-worthy in my opinion.

I thought it was nice seeing him paying tribute and turning into a genuine fanboy. Remember his facial expression at Live 8 too.

I agree about the ass-kissing. Bono DID exaggerate it, but that's who he is, I guess. It was nice seeing and hearing him again, though. I just wish it would have been at a less horrible event than the EMA's.

I saw Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields when I went to Liverpool in 2001. We went on a Beatles coach trip. I also saw John Lennon's childhood house, it is on the cover of Oasis' single Live Forever. The tour guide said George Michael bought it and gave it to the city of Liverpool to prevent property developers buying it. We also went inside the Cavern and to 'the Beatles Museum' whereby we say the white piano from the Imagine video.

It's nice to see Bono dressing like a rock star and not all in black (the colour of death).

Back
Top Bottom