Bono, The Edge & Martin Garrix team up for EURO 2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prbiker15

Blue Crack Addict
Looks like a new song for EURO 2020 is being released next week. Might as well call it A Sky Full of Stars. :wink:

[TWEET]1389619966551416832[/TWEET]

It’s how they try and visually disguise the fact that no one in the band is taller than maybe 5’9”

It’s how they try and visually disguise the fact that no one in the band is taller than maybe 5’9”

Sometimes a photo is just a ... photo ?

Garrix is a Dutch DJ in his 20s.

The last time they DJed up wasnt bad... still the best version of the song.

But Garrix is barely taller than him

I think concluding that he strikes that pose a lot with people taller than him is like saying water is blue.

Yeah I will 2nd or 3rd the comments about the Kygo Best Thing being fantastic. Should have just used that version on the album.

Kygo mix was decent but that live performance Bono did with him was one of the worst things I’ve seen him do [emoji2]

Not my cup of tea this song. It's a typical Martin Garrix modern dance song. Good for today's charts, but I hope the band will stay away with this kind of music. Sounds a lot like modern Coldplay too... Another try of being relevant I think. And...I can't hear Edge on the song??!!
For the next U2: We need a more dark, dramatic, mystic, experimental u2 in the future.

Not my cup of tea this song. It's a typical Martin Garrix modern dance song. Good for today's charts, but I hope the band will stay away with this kind of music. Sounds a lot like modern Coldplay too... Another try of being relevant I think. And...I can't hear Edge on the song??!!
For the next U2: We need a more dark, dramatic, mystic, experimental u2 in the future.

It’s not a U2 song.

It’s perfect for this kind of events, a catchy song that’s almost music for publicity.

Nice uplifting song.

I had no idea who Martin Garrix was and just assumed he was a singer, so I wasn't expecting an entire song with Bono singing. Um... it's not bad. Just like the other new song, I don't want U2 to do this but for what it is it isn't offensive. Definite lack of Edge.

Hopefully, maybe, could be the one-offs are a bit of warm up to eventual new'2 hype machine rolling by the end of the year/early next year? Probably just Bono lining up some supplemental material to accompany his book.

Won’t comment on quality - it’s fit for purpose, but these event tunes are never wonderful.

Confused about the “lack of Edge” comments. The first thing you hear is some unmistakeable edge delay…

Won’t comment on quality - it’s fit for purpose, but these event tunes are never wonderful.

Confused about the “lack of Edge” comments. The first thing you hear is some unmistakeable edge delay…

Yeah, if anything it’s Edge imitating Shut Up and Dance which imitates Streets.

I couldn't get through more than a minute. What a fucking embarrassment.

Not a clue why it’s “an embarrassment.” It’s just boring. Thankfully someone told Bono to control his squeakiness, which never goes down well in these collabs. Unfortunately, nobody told Bono to tune down the vocal track gain. Why is he so much louder than the song??

Yeah nothing wrong with the song. It’s actually decent for a 61 year old Bono. Can’t hold onto the dream that they’ll release collaborations like “I’m Not Your Baby” anymore.

Last edited:
It’s kind of cute. I hope people who enjoy football enjoy the song with their football matches. It’s kind of like GOOYOW and Ahimsa had a baby, but better than that.

I hope that kid wasn’t charged for that haircut.

I feel like people would have preferred this song over tracks 3, 4, & 5 on SOE. LOL

Add Bono to the list of geniuses who coined this inspirational quote:

6200764-Juliana-Hatfield-Quote-A-heart-that-hurts-is-a-heart-that-works.jpg

hurts-heart-quotes-by-placebo-1047570.jpg

I feel like people would have preferred this song over tracks 3, 4, & 5 on SOE. LOL

:wave:

Well, definitely over Get Out, at least.

Bono sounds great on the chorus.

The Edge should have stayed at home, looks like he's following his SOE habit of letting other people do the work for him.

Pains me to say that this is the weightless Spotify playlist hit they’ve been chasing for 3 albums. Processed and devoid of any identifiable U2-ness (or in this case, Edge) in the music. Maybe they should put the RedOne shit out just to continue getting this crap out of their system and see if anything sticks.

Back
Top Bottom